Rental Trend

Be right on the direction. There is no need to be perfect!

That 3% is available to you right now.

Of course it is. You can arbitrage by renting and puting your 1M down payment on Facebook stocks instead.

Yes but how many people are actually doing that? 99% of homeowners buy it to live in there themselves.

2 Likes

It is really huge mental hurdle. I am not even dare to do that today myself (doesn’t matter which one stock is) but I am dare to do that towards my primary home.

3 Likes

My small sample, I increased rent on my Milpitas rental (already about 5% higher than average market rent) just last week, as well as, increasing rent on two tenants turnover in Daly City earlier this year. So it is still increasing in 3bed / 2bath price range.

2 Likes

Are your rents at market, or lower, though?

1 Like

Still increasing is Tahoe…But I think it is 5% not 10% annually

At market. Milpitas is lease renewal after their first year. Daly City was new leases from previous tenant was paying market too.

Any bet going on?

Talk is free. Put some money on the table please.

Too soon…The exburbs will drop first, then condos…The RBA will be last to drop

I already did. I bought 2 houses earlier this year at the “peak of the housing bubble”.

2 Likes

Yours doesnt count, as you qre never timing the market. You will keep buying as you make more money, wont matter high or low.

Bet: House price is lower at the end of the year (month of Dec 2018) than beginning of the year (month of Jan 2018)
Prize: Dim sum lunch

For: manch, tomato
Against: wuqijun, hanera

If manch & tomato win, I pay for all :slight_smile:
If wuqijun & hanera win, manch & tomato pay for the dim sum lunch

Takers?

1 Like

Yes I like teaming up with @hanera!!! :rofl:

1 Like

You are gambling too much.

I am not going to bet into this :slight_smile:

Bulls won without even having to fight… :rofl:

4 Likes

Prices are going up this year is the consensus

That’s because you are already a home owner. That’s classic endowment bias in behaviorial finance. We value the stuff we already own way more than it’s rational value.

For someone who’s renting now they will look at this more from an investment point of view. How can you not? The contrast will be even more if stocks keep on climbing but home price goes sideway.

My theory is that everywhere within one hour of Palo Alto will go to 2-2.5M and then just go sideway more or less. Corollary is to buy anywhere that’s not yet 2M within that circle.

Doesn’t really matter whether home price will flatten or decline a little. Bottom line is that it won’t crash in the next 5 years or even 10 years. As that video suggests, Trump can make it jump 7x.

I think people should continue to buy, specially people who own none. It’s a huge risk to own no houses when 7x appreciation is predicted. I would accept a 20% down to hedge against a 7x rise

1 Like