Rich Renters

Hmm, why not enjoy her golden years all year around in Hawaii? Sometimes people do weird things

She likes her job here too much.

Did you lose your gain? Or even lost some principal? We didn’t even have a bear market. It was just a correction.

Sell all the stocks and buy more houses then.

He traded far too often. I hardly trade in the 10x portfolio.

1 Like

If full cash paid for real estate, that is not so great, better to be in stocks.
Even now, Mortgage leverage is attractive fro real estate as ROI will be higher or at least equal to stocks.

1 Like

You don’t think cloud royals would beat the hell out of RE and FANG going forward?
Many of them had bounced 40-60% from Christmas eve, and at ATH. For example,
SPLK
VEEV
SHOP
AYX
TWLO
OKTA
COUP
NOW
RHT
VMW
WDAY
DATA
HUBS
TEAM

If you buy real estate, say at bay area or Austin, when will you sell? 5 years or 10 years or 15 years?
Which of the “cloud royals” you will buy now and hold it the same period of the real estate said above?
No one in this forum has done such a research to hold long for any cloud royals. All of the members has been following Cloud with market swings. None will hold if those cloud drops more than 25%.

Can you name any cloud royal which you will buy now for $25000 or $50000 and hold for long like real estate?

Which one you will put $50000 now and hold for 10 years?

Not buying any cloud stocks and RE now! See what happen from now till Mar 1 before deciding. Don’t want to be trumped. I have SPLK and VEEV for long term :slight_smile: Which one in the list that you think could be candidates for buying after Mar 1?

What do you mean Trumped? I do not understand.

Why after Mar 1st?

US is scheduled to raise tariff from 10% to 25% on Mar 1 if no deal.

When it comes to investment, it is long term commitment like your AAPL holding, immaterial whether Trump tariff deadline extends or removed or agreement reached.

If you are concerned about this, you are speculating like me. That is why, I am confidently telling “none of the forum members” did their research/analysis about Cloud Royals.

The way we use stock market is using a canoe in flowing water, we sail along with market stream - pure speculative run.

What is the guarantee any of the cloud companies survive the downturn (like 2000 or 2008) as most of them are not making profits? Even if they have profits, most of them using subscription model. If there is downturn and their customers cancel the subscriptions (mass subscription cancellation), will they be able to survive the downturn or file bankruptcy?

This is the key issue we need to focus for long term investment.

Remember even big banks were not spared during downturns, they sought the help of warren buffet (cash holder).

How come you are asking me the same questions I have?
We knew is Cloud bubble :slight_smile: so similar outcome as Internet bubble where AMZN, EBAY, PCLN, SFLY, QUOT, JNPR and AKAM survive :slight_smile: May be more but not aware of them :hugs: So many on the list will survive, and we can have them for a pretty penny when Cloud bubble burst. Think AMZN, can get for like $6? Have you forgotten that I got AAPL for pretty pennies?

Trumped = caused a recession!
Why bother to buy now when there would be a recession? WB said buy at 30% margin of safety. None offer that now. WB also market timed, he merely use seemingly more educated words, 30% margin of safety.

1 Like

Because I want to invest in good companies long term like you and WQJ, but skeptical about economy.

1. You need to put a significant amount of money into the market (>50% of your net worth).
  2. You cannot sell any of it even if the recession came along and wiped out 50% of that. Just stay put and act as if nothing happened.

If you managed to go through with 1 & 2 above, then you are an investor for the long haul.

3 Likes

To dare to hold an investment worth 50% of your net worth that might decline by more than 50%, you need to have unyielding belief in the long term prospect of the company. For all those cloud royals, we don’t have a clue of the character and caliber of the CEO nor an idea of the sustainability of the subscription model. For FAANG & TSLA, we have a good grasp of the CEO and the business model, pretty sure can survive a recession. For VEEV and SPLK, their clients are rock solid established businesses so have much higher probability of surviving the recession than most cloud companies. For most of the cloud companies, their clients are almost as unproven as the cloud companies, hard to know whether they can survive a recession. So is ok to trade the hype but has to wait for the burst to tell us which one are the likely survivors. Meanwhile, find out as much about them as possible and enjoy the trampoline.

2 Likes

No need to put all your money into one basket. Buy a group of stocks.

2 Likes

Agree 100% on this bold highlighted.

I trust Warren Buffet stocks as I believe he would have done enough research before putting his money. The market prices may go up or down, but company survives long with his scrutiny. I do not need to reinvent the wheel, just grab his boat and swim. Same is the case for FAANG+TSLA.

1 Like

Should be same for cloud kings and princes too. Jim Cramer did the work! Remember FAANG is coined by Jim Cramer.

1 Like

When Cramer coined FAANG it was booming. Since late 2017 choppy, end result pretty stagnant