Sam Smith Moving To Berkeley?

OMG We have his CDs. Now I feel old.
@sfdragonboy, I guessed incorrectly — I was off by a decade - I was guessing you went to see this guy -

:joy: :rofl: :grin:

My dad likes him too (and his wife)…seriously I know too much of this stuff as a millennial…

Wait, meaning you thought I was even older or younger? We are in our early 50s although my wife can pass for 35…

I showed what you posted to my wife… come on we ain’t that old

That Lam guy is pretty short. I once went into him at SFO. He has (had?) a house up in the Berkeley hills that got burned down in the 90s.

1 Like

As a millennial, How. Do. You. Even?!?

:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

No, I hear of similar young folks liking good old R&B songs instead of the crap rap and hip hop stuff of today. Same thing…

you know, i still remember my high school days, open up eminem & linkin park, and sing like crazy in the car. because in the end, it doesn’t even matter.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. :grin::grin::grin:

My backup guess was going to be Yuen Wah-

I heard his wife used to play badminton in Menlo Park.

My dad likes these singers and I download their mp3 songs for him, so I am actually very familiar with their songs, way more than I should be.

1 Like

Damn, no respect for senior citizens…

1 Like

So you are saying millennials and folks like harriet are into this?

:slight_smile:

1 Like

But he doesn’t even sing…I was thinking along the lines of Andy Lau or Jacky Cheung as somebody that @sfdragonboy’s wife would like.

男兒當自強 by 林子祥

送你回家 by 周華健

瀟灑走一回 by 葉蒨文

OK OK you are right. Andy Lau I would understand. He’s reasonably attractive guy and is a spokesman in all those “luxury lifestyle” ads - watches, etc. But Jacky just looks like a big dork?

Bingo, you hit it right on. Andy Lau and Jacky Cheung are also her favorites. Her friend is going to Vegas to see Jacky I believe for Chinese New Year. She said tickets are in the thousand of dollars

I downloaded this one for my dad recently, one that I think is great at first listen too:

1 Like

Man, you are another reason to finally hook up for a beer or something. That kind of music I grew up with. Like I said, I have probably a few thousand cd singles in my collection. Music is very very big with me…

1 Like

I know a few people going to Vegas for his concert too. His songs are nice, but if I were to go to Vegas for concerts I’d go to Backstreet Boys’…just saying…

Ok, your credibility was sky high until somehow “backstreet boys” came up…:grinning:

Dang. I’m somewhere between @harriet and @sfdragonboy … but if in the end it doesn’t even matter, then I’ve got a couple more years of mileage on my back than that. For me, HS was Head like a hole, Black as your soul, I’d rather die than give you control.

:slight_smile: