Sample SV startup earner, how he made through Bay Area life

@hanera, please update @harriet and @tomato’s net worths based on their input… :rofl:

Have to presume is not out of jealousy but just a personal goal to hit $10M :grin: as speculated by BAGB.

Assuming all $10M is in AAPLs (of course not true but just for fun, let assume so).
$10M of AAPL yields about $150k dividends today, dividend growth is at about 10% per year.
So if you’re not saving $150k less 15% tax = $128k p.a. & grow more than 10% p.a., you’ve no chance to overtake. Btw, historical 10 year appreciation = 20.89% p.a. i.e. $12M at the end of next year, $14.6M two years later, $17.67M three years later, over $20M :star_struck: by the end of 4th year… YTD is 45.70% :joy:

elt1 and manch,
Is your current strategy able to achieve those returns :wink:

Past history is not a guarantee of future return… AAPL could face permanent decline in which case they could overtake you with ease, since your portfolio is very lopsided with AAPL. On the other hand, if AAPL kept delivering you will probably leave them in the dust… :star_struck:

10% gain a year is realistic but not really a goal for me. Counting income and appreciation

1 Like

How do you estimate the house value? Based on Zillow, your own market sense?

28% average RE appreciation is not realistic

1 Like

That is an unhealthy assumption, curse others to your level? If every humans did that, how can we progress? Should be to challenge each other to improve. You mean they harbor those thoughts? I have to stay away from them :expressionless: Can I do that virtually?

Zillow or redfin…which ever is higher to make you feel better…Networth is not liquid…Real estate has sales costs and then taxes…so counting your net worth is pretty much mental masturbation

1 Like

Who has reached annual passive income exceeding average living expenses? This is the criteria for FIRE. Let’s assume the minimum passive income is 200k.

Just assume that you stop working or flipping tomorrow, only live on rental income, dividend and interest, you will never run out of money and never need to touch your principal. Assuming you’ll live forever.

My semi-passive income this year has passed my expenditures, but i do not have a house yet. We live frugally, and i invest somewhat aggressively.

What does “Semi-passive” mean? Is it trading profit?

Trading is not sustainable. Dividend and rental income has better sustainability

yes, i mean exactly that. trading profits, couple hours a week, and i know it’s not sustainable, hence why i haven’t fired yet.

I’m sure people without much Aapl exposure will hope for the doom and gloom. Because if they actually believed in it they would’ve owned it. For example, people kept dissing Tesla here because they don’t own them.

No…I just like dissing Texas…lol
I own Appl and Tesla because I own SP 500 index funds

2 Likes

I need aapl to break 1T to show people it can be done. After that amzn, fb, Tencent and alibaba will all break 1T in short order.

1 Like

Very bullish… fb and baba will need to double up to reach that figure. :laughing:

Tech is volatile…I doubt next year will be as good as last year…

1 Like

Same feeling.

You have to be kidding :grinning:

Sold all my Texas crap…looks like Tesla is not in the SP500, too volatile?

Apple is about 3% of SP500…number one stock.
I like diversity

Too new? It needs more of a track record I think.