San Bruno Rocking The Overbids!

Ok, signed off on the final walk-through, place looks good. Assuming appraisal is fine and my loan is approved we should be San Bruno owners by end of the month. My wife invited one of her contractors and he thought the house was big. The seller thinks I should get $5-6K in monthly rent on a combined basis (main house and inlaw) but that sounds way too high. If I got anything north of $4k even in total rent that would be fine enough in my book (close to break-even with property taxes accounted for).

2 Likes

$4000 for main house + inlaw is very low rent. Are you sure the place canā€™t rent for more?
I have a Daly City attached home its 3300 up/1900 down

Like I said, the seller thinks 5-6K. I hope so, but frankly it is not a priority. I am already looking at goodies to remodel the home with. I am looking at one of these ceiling vent fans for the kitchen. Seeing the actual range hood is sooooo out apparentlyā€¦

1 Like

Is this yours sfdragon? Haha

https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Bruno/3780-Pacific-Heights-Blvd-94066/home/1105565?utm_source=myredfin&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ios_share&utm_nooverride=1&utm_content=link

You do realize that he will only respond to you if itā€™s not his, right? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha right because I saw it back on the market

Alrighty, need to pimp, err, promote my new city of interestā€¦

Nicer ones are hitting 1.6M nowā€¦ San Bruno!!!

First one, 315K over the prior lower listing price.

Second one, a whopping 453K over asking!!!

The second one is quite an improvement:

Yeah, pretty largeā€¦

Yeah, not sure why this is happeningā€¦

Other than the two $1.6M properties you had listed, here are two slightly more modest $1.5M ones that closed in the past week. Both are 1950ā€™s vintage (albeit remodeled) homes, not the nicer newer homes built in the 2000ā€™s.

Because I am in the neighborhood now, thatā€™s why!!! :grinning:

1 Like

Since I have already made some improvements to my new home, neighbors have stopped by to say hi or to actually get the phone numbers of my contractors. So far, I have met a lot of owners who have lived in the neighbor for eons (20-40 years). So, these are retirees but man one gentleman I recently met is a big time property owner. Used to own huge multi unit apartment buildings. Owns a nice two story home up the street and then several more in the area at the minimum. Then, he has vacation places internationally like in Spain. Dang, @tomato, I even asked him if he would adopt meā€¦

if you adopt me, i can be that big time property owner. Age 50-60, iā€™d have 20 places all over the bay area + united states. think of me as your extension into future!

1 Like

Well, learn some Toisonese really fast and I will present you to dear old Mom. If Mom approves, youā€™re half-way homeā€¦ (getting part of Mrs. sfdragonboyā€™s money will not be easy I guarantee itā€¦)

best i can do is traditional/simplified chinese (via google translate) and i am taking a huge risk here :slight_smile:

This one was pretty decent. Very quiet area. Very comely sales assistantā€¦

Just another solid sale in the SB!!!

1 Like

More solid SB sales, now eclipsing 1.5M. What slowdown???

if prop 10 pass, do you think a lot of sf landlord will 1031 to dc/ssf/san bruno/millbrae?

I donā€™t know but I suppose it might make some owners consider reallocating to the last bastions of non rent controlled areas like San Bruno and such. From the way Oaklanders (tenants) are easily getting passed draconian laws I am glad I got out (for that reason alone, the rental money was good though). Letā€™s be honest, rent control can totally spread to DC and SB too although I donā€™t know the percentage breakdown of renters vs owners in these cities.