San Francisco: City of World Class Filth

The NBC Bay Area Investigative Unit surveyed 153 blocks of downtown San Francisco in search of trash, needles, and feces. The investigation revealed trash littered across every block. The survey also found 41 blocks dotted with needles and 96 blocks sullied with piles of feces.

3 Likes

Well, at least the neighborhood where I live in (Inner Parkside) doesn’t have that problem…

Geez, I go away for a day and this is the only useful trash of RE information you can produce for the masses? Please, we all know SF is dirty and we have the lamest leadership addressing it. Come on, who came up with “urine scented escalators?”

1 Like

I suspect SF is filthier than NYC these days, which is saying something.

2 Likes

Financial markets were closed today. It’s a slow day for financial news.

Come on, don’t tell me that… let me look…

Why are you looking at us???

Signed,

SF Bored Of Stupidvisors

4 Likes

World class act you got there.

Why?? where are our tax dollars going?

This is what liberals will turn your hometown into. Dangerous and filthy and infectious direction :wink:

2 Likes

The city of SF goes tooth and nail after landlords, developers, Airbnb and employers. Yet the homeless get a pass?
What a fucked up city…

5 Likes

I agree it is not the greatest situation and it certainly needs addressing but what can you do? The conservatives are a minority in the Fab 7x7. Sad to say, but continued negative exposure like this just might get our pathetic leaders to take notice and try to fix it. I can only hope…

https://m.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/A-Target-store-in-San-Francisco-is-keeping-tents-12631586.php

World class city!

3 Likes

Come on, even our idiot leaders were giving tents away for free remember??? Sheesh…

“where needles, garbage, and feces are found in concentrations comparable to some of the world’s poorest slums”

Does the journalist really have to write it like that …

“But the move drew sharp criticism from people who said the SF SPCA showed a shocking lack of compassion for its homeless neighbors.”

Too much compassion is the problem. People need to know when to stop passing out compassion.

Actually, if everyone in the city is that compassionate about homeless people, it’s all fine and there is no problem. But my sense of the real situation is the great majority of the people are not like that, but they are shamed into compliance by the small percentage of people who either are truly compassionate or have “ulterior motives” and pretend to be like that. That is a sad situation.

1 Like

Manch’s brother…:grinning:

Totally out of hand in SF and San Diego. Not looking too good in Santa Cruz too. Anywhere there are downtown areas, it’s a magnet.

1 Like

Right, pretty much any city is facing this issue…

Dude have you walked around tenderloin lately?

1 Like

At least in San Diego they are doing something about it. They bought three huge tents and put many of the homeless in them. They each hold hundreds of people. 24 hour staffing and security. It costs money but it is cheaper than the alternative. For the ones who don’t want to use them, they have outhouses and hand washing stations in the areas where there are homeless so they don’t mess up the street.

1 Like