San Mateo County home prices overtake San Francisco for the first time since 2007

:scream: :scream: :scream:

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/news/2018/05/10/san-mateo-county-home-prices-overtake-sf.amp.html

San Mateo County took San Francisco’s distinction as most expensive Bay Area housing market last month, according to a report from residential real estate firm Pacific Union.

The median home price of in the county currently sits at $1.47 million, compared to San Francisco’s $1.39 million. Selma Hepp, Pacific Union’s chief economist, said that this is the first time that San Mateo prices have overtaken San Francisco in a decade.

Santa Clara and Marin Counties followed closely behind with median home prices of $1.26 million and $1.25 million, respectively. Santa Clara had the fastest year-over-year growth at 29 percent.

It’s all @sfdragonboy’s fault.

:scream: :scream: :scream:

It’s the feces and needles and Kim…

At this pace Santa Clara County will be king :crown: next year.

No. Santa Clara County will always have East San Jose to drag it down couple notches…

Beat the crowd and buy in alum rock. Watch price :rocket:

Already missed the boat… Agent begged me to buy turnkey flip for 350k in 2011. Emailed me 3 times and reduced price twice. I ignored her… :sob: :sob: :sob:

SF has the tenderloin and hunter’s point.

Size of those neighborhoods is small compared to the entire city. Size of East San Jose is very big.

How do you explain SF having ~2x the crime rate of San Jose? It’s rare per 100,000 people, so it accounts for size difference. SF has much higher crime (property and violent crime).

Only in certain parts of the city. My part is very safe :slight_smile:

Heck, if you can’t beat em, join em I say…

I joined too! :rofl:

dragon and wqj have moved out of SF to SMC and SCC. Harrier is looking to leave SF.

We already have a SF exodus

SF still my primary home… until I convert that into a rental you can’t really say that about me… :smile:

@harriet lives in Daly City. She’s already a SMC girl.

Not dragging it down as much anymore. Seeing average sales in the mid 800 to 900s now.

Example here:

:frowning:

350k at that time for turnkey not as good as if you bought a condo for 350k in Sunnyvale or Mountain View :slight_smile: ESJ turnkey maybe 2x while condo in SV and MV probably 3x.

I’m happy with my 2x gain in Contra Costa. Because I was already late to the game when I bought (2013-14) :upside_down_face: