Santa Clara Rocking The Overbids!

Always. Go Go Go. Look at this recent sale. Looks like one of those 400 sq ft additions cause the houses in that neighborhood originally were tiny.

That part of Santa Clara is not bad. Compared to the crap in North SC that sold for over 1M, I can see why buyers are willing to spend 1.5 on this house.

There are already quite a few houses sold for over 2M this year in SC, mostly in south SC. Hurry up people! Hardware companies on fire means SC prices will shoot up!! :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

South SC has many pockets that are quite similar to Cherry Chase neighborhood in terms of the size and condition of homes. Big square footages and large lots. Right now the HS just needs to come up more so you’re still seeing discounts compared to Svale Homestead. Cupertino school areas is obviously a diff story.

How many did you buy already @manch? Which recent sales are yours :wink:

Unfortunately I didn’t buy any. Still saving money for next year’s adventure. Hopefully 2018 will be a gangbuster year for me! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

What “adventure” might that be?

Back on the horse baby!!

Seriously, this AI wave is buoying a lot of old hardware companies. Even old dogs like Intel saw its stock price rocketed up from $35 two months ago to $47 today. Many people are flush with RSU money and itching to buy. People on the sideline better hurry the hell up…

Do you think this RE market still has legs and for how long? I’m wondering if this tax deduction change will affect prices if passed.

I think the RE market still has legs. We are talking about owner occupants anyway for houses over 1M. The need to own your home is strong, especially among Asians. For Chinese people, renting is considered throwing money away at the toilet. Inventory is tight. So we only need a few buyers to push prices sky high.

The stock market is literally stuffing people’s wallets. If your RSU is suddenly worth 200 or 300K more it’s hard to argue against spending some to buy a house.

There is a housing shortage, so whether people buy or rent, houses will go up in value…The BA prices will only go down if employment goes down or immigration is halted…

2 Likes

Tax deduction for mortgage will not drop that much…maybe means an extra tax cost of $1000/m…For people making $15k/m…already capped at $1m…hasn’t stopped the price increase in $2m plus homes…
And that $1000/m was already capped by AMT…probably means only $500/m difference. …not an issue for people making $200k a year…
State income tax is a $20k deduction. .so a cost of another $600/m…but that hurts all high earners…
California, Ny, Massachusetts, Connecticut New Jersey are all Trump targets…Any republicans in those states will lose there seats in 2018 whether they vote or not…

2 Likes

Many highend homeowners pay cash…Maybe it is time to get rid of all deductions nationwide.
The mortgage deduction wont mean much once the standard deduction is $24k

2 Likes

Only marginal buyers purchase a SFH in SV using mortgage :smiley: Sorry, trying to come up with a corollary to your statement… don’t have data to support :sweat_smile:

I think lots of dual income high tech households have mortgages in the 500k-1M ranges.

Not much point about speculation on the tax bill
Read the WSJ… Lots of powerful business interests against it… Including most Republicans from all the Blue Rich states…
Besides why do corporations need a tax cut? they are having record profits stocj market is at an all time high…
Unemployment low… Why add a sugar high to an economy that is doing well

1 Like

Tax cut for corporations is ass backward. Corp profit is at record high as is. Companies are so flush in cash they are busy buying back stocks and giving out dividends. Demand is not as high as they wish so they don’t see much need to invest.

Tax reform as is is DOA.

1 Like

I thought the goal was to cut taxes so that companies would start realizing revenue back in the US versus overseas shelters like Ireland.

1 Like

I am not sure the tax “reform” will do that. Ideally profits made overseas should NOT be taxed at home at all. I think no other countries do that to their citizens and companies.

That’s funny because that’s part of the proposal. Future foreign profits wouldn’t be taxed. So now you support the tax plan :slight_smile:

1 Like

Profits made in other countries are not taxed at home at all for companies.

Calculations are simplified to show the difference.

Pre-tax reform (current)

Iphone made in China cost $250
Ireland apple buys from China at $250 exports to USA at $750.
Iphone sold in USA at $1000

Ireland Apple pays 17.5% for $500 profit = $87.5
USA Apple pays 35% tax for 250 profit = $87.5

Total tax = $175

Post-tax reform

Iphone made in China cost $250
USA apple buys from China at $250.
Iphone sold in USA at $1000

There is no need of Apple Ireland, all jobs are given to USA people.

USA Apple pays 20% tax for 750 profit = $150

This is the reason Trump wants lower corp tax to 15% to break all the tax heavens, unfortunately landing at 20%

OK then. Not taxing corp overseas profit is good. How about citizens? Right now if we make money in say Europe we still have to pay Uncle Sam, even though it has nothing to do with that whatsoever. It’s only fair if they treat people the same way.

2 Likes