Schools

11.30 - 12.30. depending on what i am doing that night.

You only sleep one hour? :scream:

1 Like

Come on, just watering down the degree again. One of our newest young hires just got in to a local MBA program. Sounds like a joke program frankly.

1 Like

No i go to bed at 11.30-1230 wake up at 6.25

The online degrees may not be as prestigious. But if the students actually learn something that’s still better than nothing.

I’ve heard of those universities, I think one of them is what they called Ivy League school?

1 Like

That reminds me of a value investing online course offered by Columbia. Yeah online degrees have come a long way.

1 Like

What do you do from 7:30 to 10:30 where most of your team might trickle in? What time do you leave your work?

That’s the best time to get work done i want to do. I still code (by choice), and have good productive time between 7.30-10.30 with my own code, experiment & analysis. Most of my code is written in these hours, and the rest is when i am home after 430 or 5. I created plenty of revenue positive projects through data analysis. Surprisingly rare skill.

During 1030-430, I help others, go into meetings if i am desperately needed (most meetings are weeklies where less senior engineers join). I tend to take care of them outside of these meetings - i am a good unblocker. Depending on project, i help them with their projects/experiments/etc. There are two engs I care dearly who are good kids, but management is a bit mediocre, and projects are not challenging enough, so i try to fill them with something of their caliber.

You can call me workaholic, even thoguh i like working, i guess i am bad at managing my time and separating out google stuff from my personal time. I worked on side projects, but if something really bothers me on a given day (And most often they do), i feel the urge to work on google projects. Perfect employee for google.

3 Likes

MIT graduates are very literal. manch is having fun with you.

2 Likes

I got the joke, actually, but still wanted to clarify :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you get a cut?

The MIT man is very busy putting money into Larry and Sergey’s pockets, both Stanford grads.

Wait a minute, did they even graduate?

1 Like

bonus is nowhere near enough of what i made, but you know the saying. i am unique, but not irreplacable, and company will pay what market can bear.

not because they are stanford grads, but sure. let’s go with that.

what are you doing with your life?

1 Like

My life was already wasted as I am an :older_man:

:cry:

Out of curiosity I looked up some online MBA programs. Actually quite a few name brand ones:

https://www.usnews.com/education/online-education/mba/rankings

CMU, USC (which I am sure is better than UCLA), Chapel Hill, Penn State, etc.

Can you please add a “thumbs down” feature???

1 Like

This should tell you how great USC is. OJ is probably USC’s most famous alum…

Whereas UCLA alums are giving back to the school each and everyday…