Seattle is America's Biggest Company Town

Seattle soon to have no police force.

Send City Hall to patrol :slight_smile:

Instead of forcing cops to take vaccines they should force liberals to become cops. They will become conservatives very quickly. Nothing like dealing with criminals to become a conservative.

3 Likes

The northwest has gone cuckoo…how did teaching math mean requirements to dumb down the subject to make it less racist
The Oregon Department of Education (ODE) recently sent a newsletter to math educators in the state. The newsletter contained information about a virtual micro-course in math equity instruction that teachers could sign up for. It was titled “Pathway to Math Equity Micro Course 2.0: Valuing and elevating student discourse in the math classroom.” The course was provided by A Pathway to Equitable Math Instruction, an entity focused on dismantling racism in mathematics instruction.

1 Like

It is defund the police without actually withholding funds. Heard that SouthWest Airlines pilots are on strike against forced vaccination. Although Southwest is spinning it on something else.

Defund the police doesn’t mean getting rid of police. That’s a misinformation. It’s badly worded though.

Nice spin.

Pls read it and lemme know how does it get rid of police?

It is not just getting rid of police, but also doing away with laws, making it difficult to prosecute, reduce punishment. Activist judges. The entire enchilada.

1 Like

We already know it doesn’t work.

“The report said that in 10 major cities where cops were sharply criticized, police activity dropped 48% since June 2020 and murders rose 56%.”

Don’t people remember when NYC implemented stop and frisk and crime rates dropped?

Thinking we can have less police and there wont’ be more crime is insane.

I am not talking about whether it works or not but getting rid of police is factually wrong and that’s what I wanted to point out.

Yes, but the mob that ransacked the cities like Minneapolis and Portland does believe defund the police works. The left politicians supported them to got elected on promise to defund the police.

What do you think happens to the number of police officers on duty when funding is cut by 40%?

Didn’t Seattle cut funding by 18%?

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/seattle-city-council-adopts-2021-budget-after-months-of-political-turbulence-mayor-will-sign/

Taking Austin as an ex since it cut police funding and used the money in other useful services. We should give it more time before arriving at conclusion. Crime rate is high in states even without defund. Taking 2020 as an ex is like saying house price will increase 24% every yr in future. It’s an outlier.

Overall glimpse of data though nothing is conclusive,

Over the past 60 years, more spending on police hasn’t necessarily meant less crime

https://archive.is/jRTO4/again?url=https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/06/07/over-past-60-years-more-spending-police-hasnt-necessarily-meant-less-crime/

Right, spending is cut and crime goes up, but we’ll all pretend correlation doesn’t mean causation. That’s the standard argument for the data doesn’t fit my emotions, so the data doesn’t matter. Then there’s this graph which would seem to indicate that once spending caught up to crime rates then it was able to lower them.

Do you not think that maybe increasing spending on police is a lagging indicator that crime has already increased? Why would people want more spent on police if crime is low? We already know NYC stop and frisk policies dramatically reduced crime.

An NBC video on Camden, NJ. where video starts (@ 2:42 min) , you will hear, funding was cut to half and it encouraged criminals and drug peddlers.

https://crim.sas.upenn.edu/fact-check/does-stop-and-frisk-reduce-crime

We can’t conclude anything from this graph alone. There may be several factors aging population, more education etc. As concluded in the article, increase spending in trouble some areas in an efficient way.

I am not against or support defund police. Let’s follow Austin for 1-2 yrs and check the outcome. We will come to conclusion after that. You mentioned data doesn’t fit emotions so data doesn’t matter. It’s applicable to everyone. You are doing the same mistake by picking 2020 data and saying it doesn’t work.

1 Like

Where did I say 2020 data doesn’t work?

sorry I meant you picked 2020 data where crime is high everywhere and concluded defund didn’t work

Is there any instance in the US where defunding worked?