Secular inflation is here

Massive social unrest coming.

Who pays retail ? :flushed: so crazy high. I can’t justifying paying that much.

I used a coupon and paid $20.99 for 10 piece :poultry_leg:, 2 large sides, and 5 biscuits.

Supply chain issues are used as an excuse for poor planning bad management and government policies that discourage hard work fortitude and Yankee ingenuity … America values being destroyed by the radical left determination to make a us third world hell hole

4 Likes

The Joint Committee on Taxation had previously estimated that it would affect around 150 firms, with the costs falling specifically on the manufacturing industry. The bipartisan JCT also predicted $34 billion in revenue in the first year of the tax, slightly more than the theoretical 2021 revenue estimated at UNC.

1 Like

Sorry, Claudia, not convincing, try harder.

What she displayed was FED’s exactly opening remarks and Q & A responses, word by word, nothing new !

1 Like

Suspect Fed wants to hike as high as possible before midterm because expect strong resistance to rate hike after that. Agree?

Fed’s POV is…

Growth investors’ POV is…

Gas price is very low, lower than before the Ukraine war. Wait… except in CA. Ross is from CA.

Supply chain issues? Costco and P&G are giving discounts for many items.

Supply chain issues are bullsht

2 Likes

Disagree. They would have done 100 bp in that case but they did not. I think Fed is slowly increasing the pain to the point that it kills inflation and employment. They do not want to over do. As usual this is a chicken Fed.

Exactly this ! They up and then measure, then redo the same until inflation is controlled. I have seen this in 2000 & 2008, they give enough time not to over do.

No convincing argument not to…

I can also say, “They would have done 50 bp in that case but they did not.” because 0.5 is slowly, 0.75 is as high as possible.

From what I read, it will take several months for the rate hikes to work through the economy.
Why not 0.5 0.5 0.5 (slowly up and then measure), why 0.75 0.75 0.75 (hike as high as possible before midterm)?

This question was asked by journalists when he hiked 0.75% first time. FED said they are front loading rate hike.

The answer won’t be so simple like a single page blog ! If that is simple why fed governors are required?

This decision is based on consensus fed governors after seeing their own internal data.

We simply have to trust what they are doing is right for country.

That is…

Agree because

that = midterm

May be true, Normally Dems (not to be political) are supportive of rate hikes as they think rate hikes directly affects wealthy gang and helps low income earners in the long run (even after lay off galore).

May be divided congress an issue for rate hike support, but FED consists of a group of voters, I think 18 key takers, all most all of them must decide for such front load rate hikes.

I do not think about why 0.5 or why 0.75 as it is irrelevant for my work, as we are just followers of what authorities do and try to take care of our future (that is the best a retailer can do).

1 Like

Lowe’s is delivering $3,500 in additional deck materials right now. I talked to the driver. He said their deliveries have fallen off a cliff over the last week. They were 8-9 a day and working OT. It’s down to 2 a day. He’s happy to have the break and was burned out. The prices are lower than May, and everything is in stock unlike May when it took 3 weeks to get a delivery.

6 Likes