See, The Cold Will Be Highly Desired

Come on, @Elt1, do you know how many 90 year olds I see walking around in the Sunset still??? They ain’t complaining about the cold…

I used to surf in SF, Stinson Pacifica and Santa Cruz. Can’t handle that cold anymore. Was out sailing Tahoe today, 35 mph winds but warm not like the 58 degree weather on the bay. Much warmer in Tahoe than the BA all summer. And the winter cold is pleasant. Dry very little rain. Usally sunny with fresh snow. Or you stay inside when there are blizzards. They close the lifts anyway when it blowing 40 plus.

Yes, I was thinking that this would make this winter an El Nino year, but the local weather forecast says the warm waters are just near the coast and not an ocean-wide warming so it will have little effect on a rainy winter.

Right, and we’re already 10+ years past the prior warning. Oh, also the US has reduced green house emissions more than any country which signed the Paris accord. Some of those countries have increased emissions despite signing the agreement. Good luck getting MSM to cover that.

1 Like

That could be a sign of economic decline. Increase in emission is a sign of positive development.

And, since the outer Sunset is at the coast with its natural air conditioning, the winds would have cleared the air sooner than other places. Cha-ching!!!

1 Like

In related news, homes along the fog belt of San Francisco just popped…

California heat waves in 30 years could be longer, hotter and more frequent, research shows (sfchronicle.com)