Shutdown happened

The small government frenetics like gridlocks. The less government does the happier they are.

2013 and supposedly $26B in lost revenue due to shutdown for those 2 weeks

1 Like

boring day in cryptocoins

What can we do on Monday? Buy stocks at low?

Did market expect the shutdown at all? Are people smart enough to understand it’s a non issue?

I think 1-2 weeks of shutdown is probably anticipated, and non issue.
beyond that could be tricky, but i expect rcovery would be very fast.

1 Like

Who lost 26B revenue?

You know who’s most upset? Trump. His anniversary party is ruined.

1 Like

It might be a non event for stock market. Traders might have learned from the last shutdown.

If there is dip Monday, good opportunity to buy !

The party of stupidity lost its marbles today.

Can you believe republicans voted YES to shutdown the government? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

They hold everything, and can’t get nothing done? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Trumpovich:

The president is to blame for any government shutdown.

Interview with fake news Foxnews, 2013.

I’ll take the shutdown over caving on DACA. Democrats are certifiably insane. They’re putting the needs of illegals above the citizens. They gambled they could use the shutdown to get leverage for DACA without any of the immigration reform promised.

1 Like

State of Union address is 1/30/18. Trump could still be a hero by then…

Feinstein said peoole would die if government shuts down:

But she still voted against the spending bill.

The sad thing is that among the Californian politicians, she is actually the moderate one. And on the next election, I would still have to vote for her since the alternative is even worse.

3 Likes

“Her comments differ from a press statement issued by her office earlier in the day in which she said she would vote against the funding bill unless it included the Dream Act, a bill to help young immigrants affected by the expiring Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.”

Now we can’t even say they are illegal immigrants. They’re just immigrants. This just verified that according to democrats illegal immigrants are more important than citizens. They’re willing to see citizens die due to government shurdown to protect illegals.

2 Likes

Yeah, well, people will die if the government doesn’t shut down too.

3 Likes

Yes they are here illegally, and I am against illegal immigration in principle. But these people were brought here as children, some as young as two or three years old. You have to make some kind of allowance for that. Some of them don’t even speak their native language.

3 Likes

I have always been a DACA supporter. But if the choice is indeed between saving citizens’ lives and allowing dreamers to stay, I would no doubt save citizens’ lives.

4 Likes

Republicans are willing to let them stay. What they want to stop is chain immigration and other practices. Democrats said they agreed with that then changed their mind. No one is saying we should kick out the dreamers. Sorry, maybe some fringe hardliners are saying it, but it’s not the consensus opinion.

What does supporting DACA mean…My wife worked hard to get her legal citizenship…She doesn’t understand why the DACA kids were allowed to cut in line…Plus has there actually been discussion about how the DACA kids will be able move forward towards citizenship…
Here are options for Dreamers

3 Likes