Shutdown happened

So government shutdown happened, and stock market is rising.

Is it that government shutdown caused stock rise? Or is that government shutdown is not a factor in our economy?

2 Likes

We have had 2 of the most hated Presidents in history while the stock market has quadrupled since 2009 …obviously politicians don’t matter

2 Likes

We had a pretty gridlocked government for most of Obama’s presidency. Historically, we get the best returns in gridlock, because the government can’t do much. I do wonder if that’ll change with the increasing usage of executive orders and increased power of government agencies to implement rules without approval of congress.

1 Like

I laugh when I read people, specially those with double phds talking about implementing rules without approval of congress when we all know that the dissolution of the EPA rules require congress debate and discussion. An EO took care of it, the same EOs he used to mock Obama for, same as golfing, oh boy, that golfing doesn’t have you infuriated yet? :rofl:

Republicans now ask for democrats to respect and follow Trumpovich, as if their eternal NO, NO, NO to whatever he wanted to do for this country is something to forget. That was their intention, as the turtle McConnell said, “our plan is to make Obama one time president”, nothing else mattered, not even the economy in danger, that was his racist plan, make a black president look bad, nothing else.

It seems that saying one thing about blaming the president for a shutdown from the very own mouth of the idiot president in the white house keeps you quiet because it doesn’t fit your agenda, right hypocrite?

Cadet Bone Spurs, (he has a nickname now), said it, blame the president because he can’t keep his people together to vote for Trumpcare, Tax reform, and so on. I believe he has a crystal ball, he is predicting what he is going to do. Being incompetent without the help of the lobbyism taking over Washington now. They are the ones dictating the agenda, no brains in that orange head, none at all…:rofl:

How about you becoming a Mexican national by paying for a wall? Remember the famous "who is going to pay for the wall question? And the response from lack of dignity for believing a liar Americans with “Mexico!”? Why is the wall being discussed? It is going to be paid for Mexico, one way or the other he said. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

We have the most idiotic, stupid, racist, ignorant, mumbling jumbling president with the lowest rate of approval in the modern history of the US.
Had Obama said any of those stupid statements, believe me, impeachment would be in process as of now.

The dumb president, just said that how come they allow a 9 month pregnancy to come to conclusion, how dare they do, can you believe he said that?

Do you defend such stupidity?:scream:

Did you eat breakfast? :rofl:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/more-in-new-poll-blame-congressional-republicans-for-shutdown-than-dems/ar-AAv0TBn?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Democrats folded. They agreed to end the shutdown, and all they got was a promise to open debate on immigration. They’re going to fold on the wall too.

2 Likes

No pay for our service men around the world. Republicans refused to pay them.

Senator Claire McCaskill (D-MO) introduced a resolution that would have secured pay for service members, noting that Trump has been trying to divide the country by invoking the military and putting the blame on Democrats if they were to go unpaid in the event of a shutdown.
She then said, “I don’t want one moment to pass with there being any uncertainty of any soldier anywhere in the world that they will be paid for the valiant work they do on behalf of our national security.”
Despite widespread concern for the issue amongst both Democratic and Republican voters, Republican leadership didn’t show any regard for protecting military pay as they moved to shut down the government.

McConnell quickly objected to McCaskill’s resolution — and instead left military pay up in the air along with the other casualties of his party’s decision to grind the federal government to a halt.

https://shareblue.com/watch-mitch-mcconnell-kill-effort-to-protect-military-pay-as-gop-pushed-for-shutdown/

By the way, I ask again and again this question:

Why is there a talk about the wall?

I thought Mexico would pay for it?

Why making the wall the excuse when Americans suffered for a few days the shutdown of the government?

Mexico is stronger than the US about the wall, to the point they shutdown our government? :rofl::rofl:

You better believe it, Mexicans will pay for the wall, 100%, 100%, believe me". :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

If you have guts, watch this video. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/federal-eye/wp/2013/10/18/how-much-did-the-shutdown-cost-the-economy/?utm_term=.68714a32d80f

Surprise! More tax cuts!

Sounds like a lot of hype, but it’s really just delaying the implementation of taxes that congress has been delaying for years.

Not sure about these analysis. Sometimes it’s simply a delay of spending. Anyway stock market thinks shutdown is not significant.

Seems that democrats are more fearful of government shutdown.

2 Likes

Shutdown is not important because everyone knows it will be short and temporary.

3 Likes

If we shrink the government by 25%, everything will be fine and even better.

An ordered shrinking is better than a shutdown. Maybe save 25% of the budget for emergency needs during the shutdown. With things going now, shutdown could become habitory

1 Like

My dear Mexican friends on this topic, congratulations!

You were conned! :smile::smile::smile::smile:

We’ve had a few of these. Does anyone actually notice anything different? I wonder how many government employees we could be fired before there’d actually be a noticeable change.

1 Like