Silicon Valley Is Still The Place To Be

Lodi is just upscale Stockton and farther from BA. …Brookside makes more sense than Lodi. If you want, try Tracy loser to BA but lower caps than Stockton

Speaking of markets…KP international in Rancho Cordova is like Ranch 99 on steroids…Korean owned… Has a huge international market place with live fish tanks, food court and full resturant…Best prices in Norcal…Great Russian bakery…cheapest produce in the State. …My wife shops there everytime we drive through…Bigger than a Costco…much better variety…only 1.5 hrs to Tahoe …2 hrs to SF…Haven’t been to the one in Oakland.

http://www.kpinternationalmarket.com/

I already have a house in Brookside. Lodi is interesting to me because I go there twice a month. It’s mostly white, at least at the McDonald’s and Denny’s that I went to. :slight_smile:

Lodi is wine country.very upscale. .hard to find deals

Mo money, mo money, mo money…

1 Like

I wish that option was available when I first moved out here. I worked at Ford when I left to move here. It’s a pretty amazing company with a ton of cool history. Jacques Nasser almost ruined it.

So, no crash, and party like 1999 again?

Order something appropriate from the menu, not the most expensive entree…

What!!! I thought ALL startups end up like Facebook!!!:slight_smile::grinning::grin:

That collapsed fast!

Look at the US firms building jet engines and crawlers with lots of upfront investment. Each company is struggling. American investors adore companies with nothing of original concept. Twitter can not find a buyer and look at its stellar stock price…

I think we all agree that San Diego is no slouch city (or area) at all to live in…yet they still want to come to the Mecca…

2 Likes

…but not for food apparently @manch

In another news I gave your San Tung a spin last night. Verdict: Meh. :thumbsdown:

Ok, at least you finally tried it. Provide more details. Obviously, it is just a loud chinese restaurant but the wings are good. My nephew made his dad wait 2+ hours for dinner here recently. Knowing my brother, that was a major achievement in itself…

First thing wrong: No Chinese menu. OK, so we went to the lil brother San Tung #2 next door but still no self respecting Chinese restaurants provide only English menu. What is this? Panda Express?

The dumplings are decent. But no Chinese vinegar, only the generic white one. Only selling point for the wings is the sauce. Not bad, but a bit too Americanized for our taste. I suppose they will go down well with beer. San Tung should be a bar instead of Chinese restaurant. The black bean noodles are no good. String beans are OK but too sweet.

Now that we tried the restaurant with 5k Yelp reviews, me and wife think it may be a fun project to try the other most reviewed restaurants in SF. I suppose San Tung is alright for other folks but me and wife were brought up in a place very fuzzy about this type of Chinese food. Our taste is just not the same, I won’t call it better, just different.

I’d nominate @hanera to try it and give reviews.

What, why would one ding a restaurant just because it didn’t have a chinese menu??? You do speak English, no? It is a bonafide chinese restaurant, manch!!! Geez, I knew even if you ever went here you would be so biased against it anyway. Man, I would go ahead and hang myself if I ever saw you enter my jury box…

In fairness, I have never gone to #2 since the main restaurant is where we like to eat all the time (despite the noise). I would agree that the setup in #2 is not that appealing but it is there because of the overflowing success from #1. I have always held the notion that one should never, ever, expand your restaurant (regardless of how successful you are). Typically, service and food quality suffers.

Again, the vast majority of folks (asian or not) love this place. You just don’t care for it. But please do not insult those people who do and they are in the majority whether you like it or not. The success of this restaurant is so obvious that it is the food, manch, not some hocus pocus. A restaurant in SF will not last one month if the food is no good. You know that. This place sells out nightly and you saw it (that’s why you headed to #2 probably).

What kind of self respecting real estate forum doesn’t have a Chinese-only section? What is this, Redfin.com?

2 Likes