Site Maintenance Monday

please don’t. i may actively advertise ublock use in that case :slight_smile:

I like this forum. a lot. except that one guy.

A guy who hates ads works at Google… :thinking:

1 Like

Actually ad-blocking is immoral. It’s like stealing. Thinking about it. :wink:

You have no idea. I am actually in ads. I was joking about promoting ublock. Don’t know about immorality, though. different opinions are out there. I prefer to pay, if i can.

Who?

it was a joke :slight_smile:

I’ve always suggested a group lunch to treat @manch.

6 Likes

I am itching to upgrade to Ubuntu 16 today. So if the site looks dead don’t panic. We are currently running on 14 which was released in 2014. 16 itself is no spring chicken either, having been released in 2016.

Ok.

Finished upgrading to Ubuntu 16.04 and also upgraded docker to latest version. Nothing blew up! So far…

I will wait a week or two and later try to play some hard ball with docker to get some disk space back.

why is the forum taking that much space? Maybe shrink logs, or archive old things, etc? is there a breakdown you can see where the storage is used?

Docker is storing a lot of junk. It’s not forum data, which is only a 2GB gzipped tar ball.

THat’s what i was guessing. cool.

Since things went smoother than expected, I just added SSL support as well. :smile:

3 Likes

very nice. thank you!

Latest Ubuntu is 18.04 :grinning: have it installed on an old :desktop_computer::face_with_monocle::ok: