So, Was Helsinki Really That Bad?

Rent control is like an opium or heroine. Once it gets out of the box, you can’t get it back into the box.

If you let your niece to become addicted to heroine for 20 years, do you think you can ask a judge to get her out of the addition?

The only thing we can do is to fight in the elections. Supreme Court ruling might be many years away, it’s not even clear if rent control is a priority for republicans since only bluest cities have rent control, why should they care about us moderate and extreme liberals? We all know that there are zero real conservatives in SF,and zero viable republican candidate for every office.

We are the lonely people, who would have to fight against Proposition 10 alone, us alone.

1 Like

Just sell your properties and put the money into the stock market. :smile:

2 Likes

That’s an option when they allow 1031 exchange from houses to stocks. What’s your plan for your capital gain tax on short term trading?

For RE, at least you can exchange to Utah, Nevada, Arizona and Texas to reduce natural disaster risk, and more importantly, the liberal social disaster risk of Proposition 10!

Yeah, Liberal Social Disaster Risk of rent control!

Just pay your share

2 Likes

Don’t like to pay California capital gains tax to sponsor the Social Disaster Party

1 Like

Nothing money can’t solve.

1 Like

Precisely because of the anti growth movement you are getting super duper appreciation. Try buying in flyover state and tell me how much money you make.

1 Like

Strict rent control is property confiscation. I won’t accept it.

As I send in another thread, Austin appreciation was 40% better than San Francisco for the last 30 years. California property value has violent fluctuations, we may have mistaken the super application during the boom as average. If you count from 2007 to 2018, appreciation is subpar. Our brain tends to forget about dark days of 2008-2012.

Strict rent control will destroy property value for rentals. Sell when you still can.

I don’t like Texas weather, but their economy is doing really well, better than Utah, Nevada, Arizona and Florida. Florida has too many natural disasters, comparable to California’s social disasters.

Since when does the government ever shrink or repeal a program? Once rent control happens,and they collect fees from landlords to add more government employees to enforce it there will be no chance of getting repealed.

Seattle city council is a joke. They dedicate WAY too much time to speaking out against Trump and specifically his border policy. They can’t do anything about federal laws. I think it’s just a way to pander to their base and detract attention from their budget mismanagement and inability to solve the homelessness and drug problems.

1 Like

Government is a Pandora’s box. Once evil is out, you can’t take it back.

How is it (rent control) really different from civil rights? Come on, way more worse laws were the law of the land at one time and eventually we saw the light and corrected matters. I just think rent control is heading in that direction (if it does spread to everywhere first). It is always the darkest before the dawn…

To be honest, I think communism is Justin Bieber and capitalism is Albert Einstein. Communism is way more popular than capitalism.

And guess what? Supreme Court judges are like Simon in American idols, they work for popularity.

This is the side effect of Trump. As the country jumps right California veers left as a reaction. Trump is so hated on the left Democrats don’t need to cater to the middle to get votes. Just being anti trump is going to get them elected.

1 Like

Strict rent control is not related to Trump. Forget about him, he is a huge distraction. If you pay too much attention to him, he wins and you lose.

Would or wouldn’t? LOL

Rent control is going to get worse before it gets better. The question is how much worse. You better hope you’ll be able to move into the house you bought.

That is my point though, that it will get worse before something is done about it ultimately in the end. Say, oh, you see one bumble bee flying around your yard, no big. Then, 10, gets you concerned. Ok, now a swarm of bees is now coming after you. What happens? You finally are pushed into action to do something about it.

Damn, “like a little wet noodle”… OMG

Governator was probably bitter because Trump lashed out at him for his poor ratings on The Apprentice.

1 Like

Today is the perfect day to release your anger towards Trump. Everyone please!

Perfect day to score on social justice and political correctness, with zero liability

1 Like