Sold for Less after 3 Years

Yeah, I would spoil a pomsky to no end. True one can run easily more than $5K?

Just ā€œhireā€ a homeless to station in front of your house.

Do you need a true one? Check craigslist. I forgot what their fee was, maltipoos were going for 1500$, maybe these would be similar.

Thanks! I am learning my dog breeds and would def add maltipoos to the list. Shih Tzus are cute too.I donā€™t like poodles or chihuahuas but these are too cute. For a bigger dog, I would consider a husky.

American Eskimo?

2 Likes

My favorites:
Big dogs: labrador retriever, golden retriever, siberian husky, anatolian kangal shepherd, german shepherd, american eskimo also looks great. bordr collie.

Small dogs: pomsky, probably. maltipos are rather lap dogs, for my taste.

1 Like

Husky are very high energy. They need a ton of exercise.

Iā€™ve fostered for and adopted from:

http://www.jakeswishrescue.org

Itā€™s an amazing story on the dog (Jake) that inspired the rescue.

ā€œMeet Jake, the inspiration behind this dog rescue! Jake is a Papillon mix that was born blind. He was found wandering the streets of Los Angeles alone and taken to the local shelter. When his owners were contacted they refused to pay the $20 to get him back saying ā€œhe wasnā€™t worth itā€. He made his way to the Bay Area via a rescue organization and was adopted by the founder of Jakeā€™s Wish Rescue! Despite being blindā€

2 Likes

Beautiful dog! One concern is whether I can handle the hair and shedding from various dogs. I am assuming this or a husky would shed a lot? The border collie I like too.

Dogs are at lot of work. Like having a kid that will live for 15 years. They need constant attention. So much so you need two or they become neurotic and will tear up your house. Poo, barking biting. Dogs are not for everyone. I love dogs. My mom always had two or three. Borrow a friends dog. Dog sit for a week before buying one.

2 Likes

or foster? never met someone that did foster, so not sure if fostering is viable at all.

The local shelters usually are always looking for temporary foster homes.

2 Likes

@sfdragonboy, or you can borrow my dog for a few days :smiley: His name is Ninja.

No automatic alt text available.

4 Likes

border collie! smart dog!

2 Likes

My last rescue was from pound puppy rescue. They are pretty anal (will interview you and do a house visit before letting you adopt and will do follow up home visits for a year), but a decent way to get a puppy or younger dog that needs a good home

Good ideas, menā€¦ when we are ready and moved in to San Bruno we will look into doing a test run with a dog. I can see that it would be a lot of work and a hassle if we plan to travel a bit more. Maybe thatā€™s where the nephews and nieces come into play. We can pay them to watch the house and dog.

We can do cross boarding for vacation.
Close enough save a couple bucks

Oh, you have dogs?

Pm u

Pure breds have genetic issues. Get a mut or cross breed. Be careful with rescue dogs many have behavior problems. Not a good idea for a first time dog owner. Golden doodles are shed free . Good combo of behavioral traits.

4 Likes

Ok, we donā€™t need two psycho girls in the houseā€¦

(what, oh, nothing sweetieā€¦)