Some Real Estate Investing Advice

Manafort seems a bag of interesting facts. But he worked with both sides. Is it play with fire for both sides?

Lobbying could be a risky business. Getting rich via politics is risky and bad

“Manafort is under investigation by multiple federal agencies. The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has reportedly had an active criminal investigation on him since 2014 regarding business dealings while he was lobbying for Ukraine. He is also a person of interest in the FBI counterintelligence probe looking into the Russian government’s interference in the 2016 presidential election. Manafort was told after his house was raided that he would be indicted by Mueller’s prosecutors.[13]”

“Manafort often lobbied on behalf of controversial foreign leaders such as former President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych, former dictator of the Philippines Ferdinand Marcos, dictator of the former Democratic Republic of the Congo Mobutu Sese Seko, and Angolan guerrilla leader Jonas Savimbi.[6][7][8] Lobbying to serve the interests of foreign governments requires registration with the Justice Department under the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA); however, as of June 2, 2017, Manafort had not registered.[9][10][11] On June 27 he retroactively registered as a foreign agent.[12]”

I know Peter Kiritchenkos daughter. …He is the guy who put is buddy Yanukovych in federal prison…Mueller is trying to unwind the rats nest…

These Russians and Ukrainians all bought condos from Trump…Trump was knowingly allowing billionaire criminals to money launder through Trump real estate. …

If a Russian billionaire made his money in Russia illegally, and then he wires his money to a US bank to buy your house through escrow officer. Does it matter whether that money was made legally in Russia? Even the escrow office does not know how the buyer made his money.

When I sell a house, I have no idea about the buyer except their name

Not to Trump…Nobody else would buy his gaudy shit…I know a lot of Russians. .Trump and I both love Eastern European women…But Trump built and marketed his gaudy towers specifically to appeal to these guys…Illegal, who knows…Mueller will figure it out…

Yeah, let Mueller investigate all the buyers, Russian, Iranian, etc. All the money laundered units should be auctioned off to American citizens

My Russian wife feels that every Russian billionaire stole their money from the Russian people…It just the way things happened after the 1998 collapse…The country is basically a criminal enterprise like the Mafia, with Putin being the Don…It is interesting how Trump loves dictators…He even congratulated the Chinese leader who now has elevated himself to king…lol

The US isn’t the only place these criminals hide…Switzerland is probably number one for billionaire bad boys…I bet Monaco has a bunch too, plus London

Steal a million or less, you will probably go to jail…Steal a billion or more and plenty of countries will welcome you…Besides once the money is laundered, you can claim legitimacy. …Whatever happened to all the criminal money found in Panama?

I figure Trump used Sadam Hussiens architect…Who likes Trump buildings?

Trump didn’t just sell to bad boy billionaires, he conspired with them and used their money for development.

Its other principals—wealthy émigrés from the former Soviet Union who knew how to get backing from Russia’s richest oligarchs—were more than familiar with the clientele who sought Trump-branded luxury condos. And under his agreement with Bayrock, Trump would not have to put up a single penny, but he would still get 18 percent of the profits—merely for licensing his name—as Bayrock financed and developed the 46-story Trump-branded luxury condo in SoHo. In 2006, Trump plugged the building on The Apprentice, referring to it as “my latest development.” “When it’s completed in 2008,” he said, “this brilliant $370 million work of art will be an awe-inspiring masterpiece.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesrealestatecouncil/2017/10/30/top-reasons-why-real-estate-investing-is-so-popular/#69921dcd7c53

http://www.insidesfre.com/5-signs-of-a-serious-home-buyer/

Ditto. Some people don’t have remorse of any kind.

This is one good thread that I need to bookmark. A whole lot of links and articles, plus some good things that you can learn if you want to do Real Estate Investment. I believe that it is like a gamble or a risk when you buy something esp. buying real estate property like condo or home. But if that specific asset booms, then it would definitely be great. You’ll have a great thing to carry on in the future with the right investment.

Hi there and welcome! At the very basic level, owning your home means you own the roof over your head so no one can ever take it away from you (unless for obvious reasons). You control your destiny somewhat and you start your road to financial independence (hopefully). Yes, there are risks involved, nothing is ever easy. Good luck and chime in on anything and everything!!! We need more posters!!!

Best way to invest in real estate is through purchasing rental properties. Buy and hold investing is so powerful because it’s a way to not only create cash flow, but it’s also a means for increasing your net worth.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/realestate/how-to-begin-investing-in-real-estate--as-a-landlord/2017/12/13/79753a86-73b2-11e7-8f39-eeb7d3a2d304_story.html?utm_term=.00c9705442c3

Long distance meaning the East Bay if you happened to live in SF or SV :wink: