SV Only 3rd Most Educated Region In America - Guess Who's #1

Biotech is also a major industry and it provides stability during the tech bust.

Tech is a get rich quick game. Biotech is slow and but Genetech and Gilead has done wonderfully.

If you are looking for a job, i would suggest tech over biotech. But for investment, biotech still provides a good long term return. Gilead is much better than intc, CSCO and goog

Now I see why you said you are better off sticking with real estate…

1 Like

[quote=“wuqijun, post:42, topic:2780, full:true”]
Now I see why you said you are better off sticking with real estate…
[/quote]Not everybody is capable of identifying FAANNGT. Recalled only FAANNGT performs better than RE in SFBA since 1990s. All other stocks perform worse than S&P index and RE in SFBA.

This acronym is getting longer by the day!!! FANG --> FAANG --> FAAMG --> FAANGT and now FAANNGT.

I can’t keep up!!!

IBB performs better than most of the tech stocks

Not according to this chart, IBB performs worse than NASDAQ since inception.

IMO looking for a small or medium cap that will go 10x involves too much luck. Even if you think you find one, how big will you bet on it? Will you bet 1M? 500K? Chances are you won’t bet a significant amount and so it even if you were right it won’t change your net worth in a substantial way. The odds are against you and 9 out of 10 times you will be wrong anyway.

It’s much more fruitful to bet big on established monopolies that will go 2x or 3x. Companies like Facebook, Amazon, Alibaba, Tencent are all on their way to 1T in market cap. You can tell because they have extremely wide moats on their own unique growing markets.

Suppose God told you these four will double in 3 years, but they may sink 50% before getting there, how do you take advantage of that information?

That to me is a far more interesting question to think about.

Remember, “FAANNGT”. Out of those TSLA has the smallest market cap at 56B.

Bet 500K into Tesla. You will not regret it.

1 Like

manch is sneaky, answering his fishing means you do have $500k to invest!

$10B market cap to $1T market cap is 100x, you only need $10k to make $1 mil :grinning:, $300k to bring you to top 0.1%. For $1B market cap, only need $30k :slight_smile:

Tesla dines’t have monopoly on anything. All it has is Elon’s cult following.

It may do well. I wish it does. But I don’t understand it so it’s not for me.

C’mon, we all have 500k to invest.

You need to be the equivalent of young Warren Buffett finding Geico. It can be done. But I know my limits. I am not as clever, or lucky.

Then invest in the next smallest: NFLX is still small at 81B.

It doesn’t have to be small. All I need is something going to double in 3 years. I am fine with Facebook.

Stay away from Google though.

If FB doubles TSLA/NFLX will quadruple.

If the world is dominated by robots made of liquid metal, LQMT is the best, only $250+ mil market cap. So only need to invest $7.5k to get to top 0.1% once LQMT is $1T market cap.

Goodness gracious! @hanera I think you might have found the next AAPL :slight_smile:

1 Like

Amazon is close to doubling in one year. Has TSLA or NFLX quadruple yet?

I think TSLA will reach 200B before AMZN reaches 1T though…

5 year performances of TSLA vs NFLX vs AMZN:

Even FB did better than AMZN (although only slightly better):

TSLA getting to 200B will be a flashing bubble sign. I hope I will be wise enough to sell most if not all my stocks.