SV Underpays Women In Stock Options Too According To Study

no, of course i didn’t, but even a strong engineer takes significantly more time than i do to find causes for production fires :stuck_out_tongue:
but that doesn’t matter in financial trouble.

Being agressive and being productive are 2 different things. Are your female coworkers less productive than their peer male coworkers? I am trying to undrestand your point here.

Did i say anything about productivity?

I only said pay gap is because of female vs male characteristic wrt asking for more money. I work with one female engineer, and she’s way better than her male counterpart.

I guess opposite attracts. The reverse is true for me.

1 Like

But the aggression also comes when projects are happening. During OKR planning etc, you can see males being more agressive, the good ones will jump on good projects. Females less so.

Note that tha’ts just my limited observation.

Uh ok.
I was wondering what you meant by “laid back” because in my mind it is associated with negative feedback on performance. Glad to hear that you have positive experience with your female coworkers (although it shouldn’t matter to me in the ideal world where people do not have any stereo type toward different gender)

Well, I was thinking more entry level where everyone is starting essentially the same.

“On average, women are offered 4 percent less than men for the same job at the same company.”

Sounds like noise… to me.

1 Like

Not statistically significant? What’s the sample size?

Salary data reflects base pay only and is drawn from a sample of 420,000 interview requests and job offers among 10,000 participating companies and about 98,000 job candidates. Demographics data is self-reported. Hired job seekers set a preferred salary, and companies have to include compensation information for every interview request.

Sample size is large. Looks to me 4% delta is statistically significant and not noise.

noise in self reporting :slight_smile:

They are also not reporting standard deviation etc.

My stats is rusty. But sample size is so big it likely doesn’t matter. 4% delta is stat significant.

Let’s ping our in-house statistician @john

Let’s add FB to the mix, shall we???

If an exec thought they could pay women 20% less, they’d do it to make their bottom line better and pad their own bonus. Most execs are concerned with delivering their objectives and want the best team possible.

Just for discussion sake, why can’t the notion above be replaced with men instead of women?

Just for discussion sake, why can’t men get pregnant and have babies?

2 Likes

What a dumb complaint. And I wondered why Facebook never targeted me with any lingerie ads…

1 Like

Of course, companies only compensate as much as needed to hire talent. There’s a reason engineers make more than other functional areas at the same job level. That’s why the best protection is a robust economy with strong job growth.