Tesla eyes big Fremont expansion, 3,100 jobs could be created

How well do these jobs pay?

Factory jobs…I suspect about $20-$25/hr at most.

I looked at some of the salaries data on Glassdoor. Technicians make about 55K a year. Engineers double that.

Yeah I was referring to the technicians. Engineers of course make more.

Now I wonder how many of these jobs are technicians vs engineers. Looking at Tesla’s jobs page they do hire engineers in Fremont. They also have a facility in Lathrop.

From the article it sounds like more technicians to me…perhaps Newark will finally see a pop in RE.

@myo, @RealEstatebull, and anyone else I might have missed (who recently bought into Fremont),

$$$ Cha-ching!!! $$$

(God, I hope they turn profitable one day…)

1 Like

As expected, Fremont city council approved Tesla’s major expansion!!!

Approving factories and commercial is easy. That comes with truck load of tax dollars. Housing for people on the other hand is a money loser.

Well, if you bring in so many jobs something has to give and in the short term it is us Fremont owners who will likely benefit through higher home prices and/or rents. Fremont is golden!!!

Fremont!!!

https://cleantechnica.com/2016/12/17/fremont-approves-massive-tesla-factory-expansion-plans/

1 Like

Only 3000 new jobs, not a big deal. But Fremont has been lacking in job creation, this is still positive development.

Come on now, the spin-off effects from that 3k jobs will amount to something…we owners in Fremont and probably Newark and Union City as well should benefit greatly from increased home prices and rents. You gotta live somewhere…

Elon Musk was not attacking Trump whole heartedly before election. His words shows that he could be a secret Trump supporter, but faking that he does not like Trump.

http://www.inc.com/business-insider/elon-musk-trump-cnbc.html

Elon is the Trump of tech…A lying egotistical self promoter full of bullshit…

1 Like

so many funny pictures!

1 Like
1 Like

In a Medium post published today, Tesla employee Jose Moran detailed working conditions at the company’s Fremont factory and called for the factory workers to unionize with United Auto Workers (UAW).

Tesla currently employs more than 5,000 non-union workers at its Fremont, CA-based factory. Moran wrote that the workers are often faced with “excessive mandatory overtime” and earn between $17 and $21 hourly, compared with the national average of $25.58 hourly for most autoworkers in the US. The Tesla employee noted that the astronomical cost of living in the Bay Area makes $21 an hour difficult to live on.

Hourly pay seems to be really pathetic for Bay Area.