Tesla’s trillion dollar valuation is fast approaching

Which rocket doesn’t land?

Don’t think so. Leverage can have outsized effect. I can use option to leverage 1 to 100!

A lot of businesses are like that.

That is possible. It did once in the initial burst than hovering between range. Now is another burst. The issue is we don’t know when it would start hover and what is the range. As I told @wuqijun here long ago, if I knew Elon Musk well like him and bought earlier, I won’t sell and just hold (hopefully forever) to see how it plays out. No way I will sink money (from selling AAPLs) to buy/support TSLA.

I didn’t know Softbank uses Robinhood :upside_down_face:

You shouldn’t take it personal. I was teasing @Jil mostly - half-truth half-false. You want me to tease you too? :rofl: Just like SF - I was teasing @manch only. We know each other quite well and have met many times for lunch.

I knew that master play ! At least, I learnt now.

1 Like

Why TSLA is up with this news?

I am joking! I take nothing personal!

Except for slander of Tesla. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Airbnb drop to $144… down to $100?

I will buy when it hits $60

2 Likes

It was worth $20 last March. Tahoe is shutting down all short term rentals just as Christmas crowds want to come. At $149 now

Wall Street’s Dilemma: What Are Tesla’s Shares Worth?

The electric vehicle maker has now reported profits for five straight quarters, accompanied by a more than seven-fold increase in its share price this year and a whopping return of almost 18,000% since the 2010 initial public offering.

Equivalent to 68% p.a.

@Jil Believe your return is higher than 68% p.a. So your portfolio would be 180x original size :slight_smile: $100k = $18M in 10 years :wink:

What to do, missed the boat !

2 Likes

Hybrids make much more sense than EVs. Politicians are nonsensical liberal enviro Nazi fools.

Most of us know but TSLA is a Covid car. Is the reason why it is hot, not because it is an EV. That guy needs to resign from Toyota, can’t get the root cause right.

It took you so many years for you to add TSLA as investing part…WQJ is real winner here…!

Is a Covid car, didn’t realize it. If I know, bot early this year and made tons. Bot in 2017 is dumb. Bot any of the fours (AAPL, AMZN, NFLX and NVDA) in 2017, hold till early year, swap any of the four for TSLA early this year, you get 2-3 times more TSLAs. But I don’t know is Covid car.

No. Is a trading stock. You don’t know what happen when Covid end. Want to guess?

That means Toyota is going down. Conveying lies means they aren’t anywhere close to coming with cost competitive EVs anytime soon.

When Tesla releases 25k EV in a few years, Toyota gonna hurt

Ha ha ha !

Now you are talking like Jim Cramer - connecting two unrelated opposite events.

Covid-19 resulted WFH policy, no need of any car traffic.

People hardly make a trip in a week around 25 miles (just for shopping), many friends grounded cars at garage, removed cars from registration and insurance.

When this is like this , how Covid can promote TSLA buying?

Wrong way to analyze sale of cars. Covid results in more purchase (by consumers) of cars (used or new)*. I just didn’t realize can cause such jump in price of TSLA - I know it will go up in price but this type of GAIN surprise me.

*People dare not take public transport.