Tesla’s trillion dollar valuation is fast approaching

He is a nut. But still going to be remembered long into the future. Interesting to talk to. A nightmare to live or work with.

Most cars already have some level of autonomous driving.

1 Like

Should probably just ban this dangerous piece of beta software from public roads.

2 Likes

Well, it might be good enough to differentiate from everybody else. I don’t think actual full self driving is necessary for Tesla to win. From my own experience, even though I still need to focus on the road when using autopilot, the assistance I am getting from it is in my view enough to be worth the $10k I paid (maybe this means I am not a good driver :slight_smile: but that’s ok).

3 years from now, which car manufacturer do you think will be able to put millions of cars on the road that can achieve the level of self driving that Tesla has achieved today? The robotaxis won’t have enough volume to matter.

I think the answer is maybe one or two Chinese EV companies, if any. As far as I know nobody is doing their own silicon except Tesla. Using someone else’ solution is going to be more expensive, and the level of integration you can do is more limited than homegrown.

Disclaimer: I do have some Tesla shares, not much. Under water right now but holding on.

If it were that bad you should see pedestrians getting killed left and right given the amount of Teslas roaming in the streets these days.

However, I think these “autopilot” “full self-driving” names should not be used. They should just rename it to “Tesla L2 driver’s assistance system” so there is no wrong expectations, and less liability on the company’s part.

1 Like

Mercedes’ system is L3 and already more advanced than Tesla’s L2 system:

If we are talking about L3 and below, pretty much every car manufacturer has some offering. Tesla has two offerings: Autopilot, and FSD. For AP, my impression is it’s not that much different from others. What gets people excited is FSD. But it works for some people, in some situations, some of the times. It’s nowhere near prime time and my guess is it will never get past L3.

Yes I saw that news too. I am interested in finding out more details. For now it’s just an announcement. When it shows up on California streets let’s see how well it performs.

I believe L5 is possible only when AGI is here. Then I wonder why humans need to exist.

I welcome more driver assistance features. I don’t like auto pilot.

Sue TSLA billion of dollars for false claims.

The motivation to lower price of Tesla cars is to sell as many cars as possible now for two reasons:

1. Fleece them when FSD is ready which is almost ready otherwise why do this approach :roll_eyes:
  2. Every TSLA car sold is one car sale less for competitors🤪

Note: need to reduce price to qualify for the credit.

Yee Long Ma
Uber TSLA bull

L4 is already here in SF. It’s just not Tesla cars. L5 can be achieved without “AGI”.

IMO Tesla is better served with a fresher model lineup. The M3 is incredibly stale and MY is getting there. I don’t think the Cybertruck will sell anywhere close to what the bulls hope for, so it won’t solve Tesla’s stale lineup problem.

There are different levels of “self driving” as we all know. I think Tesla FSD can one day achieve L3 with its current drip-drop approach. I don’t think it can ever get to the level of L4/5 to achieve Elon’s pipedream of having your M3 driving itself as a taxi to make money for its owners. I am amazed there are bulls who buy into that BS.

1 Like

If you can’t trust these systems 100% than you need your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road while you use them. So why use them at all?

3 Likes

Soon a burned Tesla will be able to autodrive itself to the service center. Win win all around.

A man whose Tesla Model Y caught fire on a California highway says customer service asked him to haul the burned husk of his car to their service center

1 Like

Wrong communication channel. Malla should have tweeted or barked :rofl:

:thinking:

:pray:

https://twitter.com/Tesla_Asia/status/1659426844704374785

First Tesla ad is in Singapore?

I sold my Tesla stock years ago because they are unreliable and poorly built. Now they are basically a joke. I have a neighbor that used to brag about her Tesla 3. Today I noticed all the windows had plastic taped over all the windows with duct tape. Obviously the windows aren’t working… pathetic for a year old car. Even worse it rained today. Tesla owners are in denial because they are obsessed with EV and brainwashed by climate change fanatics.
Elon is the biggest con man in American history

I see you don’t get it. What you observe is great for TSLA investors. Many owners would need service. Have you been to one service center? Very crowded. TSLA charges them a bomb for components eg $800 for a plastic number plate. Best is customers can’t invoke rights to repair, if they do themselves, TSLA would void the warranty. TSLA has full control of the vehicle, they know exactly what you tamper with. Currently TSLA is considering giving such access to the law enforcement agencies… soon police can drive your vehicle and you to the police station directly.

TSLA to the moon :face_with_peeking_eye:

Yee Long Ma
Uber TSLA bull

I don’t get how this is good for Tesla. Is it short on cash and Ford will pay for access?

$12.99 * 1 million = $12.99 million per month for 1 million Ford car owners’ subscription. This subscription revenue would moon as more EV car manufacturers migrate to TSLA chargers

Free ads by Ford (sucker :wink: )

In the future, Ford (super sucker :wink:) EV owners would migrate to TSLA gradually

Kill other charging competitors and extra dollars to build more

In the future, once TSLA becomes the monopoly of charging stations, can start to :rocket: the subscription price and fleece all EV car owners

Yee Long Ma
Uber TSLA bull

Tesla bulls insist their Tesla charging network is second to none, and is the reason why people should buy Tesla instead of other EV’s.

So overnight

1. You can buy non-Tesla cars and use Tesla charging network. Tesla’s biggest selling point, according to Tesla uber bulls, vanished.

2. Tesla charging network will get even more crowded, making the charging experience of Tesla owners worse.

It’s some genius business move that peons like me will never understand.