Tesla’s trillion dollar valuation is fast approaching

Get out of urban centers and most Tesla chargers are vacant most of the time.

2 Likes

Full self driving.

:rofl:

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/the-new-wave-of-tesla-fsd-beta-testers-is-about-to-learn-an-expensive-lesson-215615.html

Tesla’s Full Self-Driving software has been harshly criticized not as much for its performance but mostly for its name. Many argue that self-driving means the car drives itself, and adding “full” to its name is basically a guarantee that you don’t need to bother anymore. Taking the FSD Beta’s name too literally caused many crashes, some with tragic consequences.

For its part, Tesla makes it very clear that the system is not meant to be used without human supervision. Starting from the moment you enroll in the program, you have to agree to draconic terms of use, which are there to ensure Tesla is off the hook if something bad happens while the software is thought to be in control. Not only that, but Tesla changed the wording on its website to say that FSD Beta is a Level 2 driver-assist system, nothing more. Still, this didn’t stop people from showing off their car’s newly acquired superpower, essentially putting their and others’ lives in the hands of God.

1 Like

Because they will likely make more profit from upselling charging rates to other vehicles than they will lose in sales.

“When you compare it to the Mercedes, a Tesla feels like you’re in an Ikea,” Evans said. “The Mercedes feels like you’re in a private jet.”

1 Like

Tesla is a new car manufacturer. Having quality issues are acceptable. Such issues would decline as the company matures. Don’t be so picky. Support the climate change movement. Save the Earth.

Yee Long Ma
Uber TSLA bull

I drive and love my Tesla… but save the planet! Please…

model y vs merc eqs is like Sunnyvale vs Atherton :rofl:

1 Like

Except he was not comparing Model Y with EQS. He’s comparing it with Model X, a car at a similar price range as EQS.

Elon meeting with his boss.

TSLA aura has faded so much that even EM has to bask under ChatGPT.

Waymo and Cruise both achieved self driving without LLM. Not sure why Elon needs it.

Also any prediction from Elon needs to give a timeline. Are we taking about this year? He said Tesla can achieve full self driving this year right? Or is it 10 years from now. If it takes 10 years for Tesla to achieve what Waymo and Cruise achieved last year what good does it do for Tesla exactly?

I think he’s talking about the moment chatgpt got famous. Similarly tesla self drive will be the talking point before next year.

2 Likes

Ok. My bad. Didn’t read the article before commenting.

I just read it. So it has even less substance than my interpretation. Nothing technical was revealed. Just a hand wavy “a big turning point will come soon”.

Yeah. That same turning point Elon has been hyping for 5+ years. It’s always supposed to come “this year” but never does.

2 Likes

I thought it’s gonna be this year? Already slipped?

The exclusive interview covered various topics, including Tesla’s FSD and AI. “I think Tesla will have sort of a ChatGPT moment, if not this year, I’d say no later than next year,” Musk said during the interview.

No later than next year now. Damn.

Set your alarm for 12/31/2024. It’s for real this time right? Promise?

Elon is the Boy Who Cried Wolf way too many times on FSD.

I followed a Waymo taxi in SF. It was a Jaguar SUV. Hardly seems profitable. But much cooler than a Tesla. I wanted to run into him to see what would happen. The wife wasn’t going for it … lol

It’s not profitable at all. All these self driving taxis are over engineered for safety. That’s why I don’t think Tesla’s bootstrapping approach will ever work. The new Teslas don’t even have ultra sound sensors for parking.

Elon is the biggest welfare queen on planet earth. But he still chose to show zero gratitude and bite the hands that feed him.

In California, the state offers an even bigger incentive — a $7,500 tax rebate that depends on income and other requirements. Inclusion of both the federal and California state incentives drops the Model 3 down to $25,240 - which Reuters notes is below the cost of a new Toyota Camry (starting price $26,320).

Furthermore, Tesla has local incentives in states like California for specific vehicles. Tesla is currently offering a $2,410 incentive for the Model 3 RWD in Southern California, meaning the price for this car including all tax incentives drops it to an astounding $22,830 if the buyer meets all eligibility requirements.