The New "We Don't Care" Health Insurance Program

Really? I read many posts here, but your name is not on the list criticizing anybody but liberals, democrats, the “government” but no republicans. Oh, I got it! You are very subtle when it comes to say republicans, you say “government”. I got it!:flushed:

But, you said something about age. Right?

So, in reality, the reason why older people should pay 5 times more than they’re paying right now is because the current system isn’t realistic. They are, in fact, 5 times sicker than the rest of the population, which is why they ought to pay more. This is all very simple, grade school math, I don’t get why you guys are struggling with it so much?” Priebus concluded.

The death panels coming to town!

Speaking of evil. Obama left a legacy. One that forced companies to advertise, to print on packages how much crap their products had. It told you about calories, proteins, any crap. Guess who took down such order? Just guess who is leaving people without the choice to see what they are digesting. Just guess…

1 Like

This is funny. I guess that pivot was predictable.

Anybody stupid enough to argue against Warren Buffet?

Listen to the video. He explains how the tax cuts are wrong.

OMAHA — “The tax system is not crippling our business around the world.”:scream:

That was Warren E. Buffett, the chairman and chief executive of Berkshire Hathaway, over the weekend at the company’s annual meeting, known as “Woodstock for capitalists.”

Mr. Buffett, in a remarkably blunt and pointed remark, implicitly rebuked his fellow chief executives, who have been lobbying the Trump administration and Washington lawmakers to lower corporate taxes.

In truth, Mr. Buffett said, a specter much more sinister than corporate taxes is looming over American businesses: health care costs. And chief executives who have been maniacally focused on seeking relief from their tax bills would be smart to shift their attention to these costs, which are swelling and swallowing their profits.

Who has proposed something that would lower healthcare spending as a percent of GDP? No one cares about plans that lower healthcare spending, because big pharma lobbyists wouldn’t let it pass. Congress only argues about who should pay the bill for healthcare spending. Changing who pays for the bill doesn’t lower the bill.

But Twhitler promised to lower the costs. It’s on videos. He ranted, he promised, the insulted, he criticized Obamacare. And he ended up as an idiot, which he is, saying " I didn’t know healthcare was so difficult". There, the core of this topic. The liar in the white house promised something so cheap your head would spin. Winning so much he said.

Charlie Munger says single-payer healthcare is the solution.

Charlie Munger says that single-payer healthcare is the answer to fix the nation’s healthcare system woes. A longstanding Republican, the Berkshire Hathaway vice-chairman acknowledges it is an unusual position for someone from his party to espouse.

“I’m not a normal Republican,” he said, noting that there’s “a lot wrong” with the system.

“Having a basic level of care for everybody with no insurance aspect as a right I think is a good idea” Munger said.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/charlie-munger-says-single-payer-healthcare-solution-225404021.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=fb

Obama said the average family would pay $2,400/yr less in premiums. How’d that work out?

How does single payer lower healthcare spending as a percent of GDP? The people that support single payer do so because they believe healthcare is a fundamental right. It’s not because they think it’ll do anything to lower healthcare spending. It’s just shifting around who will pay the bill for it. I’m betting you didn’t read or didn’t understand the article. In it is this gem:

“The bad part is the Rube Goldberg system that arose by accident. There’s massive amounts of excess cost. There’s huge amounts of extending death so people can make more money, which is disgusting. There’s a lot wrong with system.”

That sounds a lot like death panels you were just complaining about. He’s talking about how we spend huge amounts extending death. It’d be much cheaper to just let people die.

Also, he said a single payer system that people can opt-out of. What do you think we have now? There’s medicare for the old, medicaid for the poor, and people with means opt-out and get a private insurance plan. The only thing it’d take to fully achieve his proposal is make medicaid the backup option open to anyone that wants it. If you want medicaid and think that’s better, then go for it.

1 Like

Sound inhuman but I agree with you. We tax the healthy and productive to pay for the unhealthy and unproductive which eventually lead to those strong and healthy to be unhealthy and unproductive. In the urge to be humane to the unhealthy and unproductive, we become inhumane to the healthy to productive.

1 Like

The idiots keep going at it!
I am still waiting for those dumbsters advocating for Americans to get educated on health issues denouncing this stupidity.

I guess…not many takers…I knew that! Only talk, no action.

Now, you guys, not me, I don’t have that problem, watch out!

Not many takers of what?

House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) declared with glee the other day that last week’s vote on the GOP health care plan is an example of “us keeping our promises.” That’s only partially true.

The good news for Ryan is that he and his fellow Republicans did promise to pass a regressive health care bill, and now they’ve done that exactly that. Whether you believe that’s a positive development is based in part on whether you might ever need an affordable visit to a doctor.

But when it comes to keeping promises, the Speaker and his GOP brethren have found themselves in an awkward spot. Ryan, Donald Trump, and other prominent Republican officials made all kinds of specific guarantees tied to their health care legislation, and they proceeded to break many of those commitments without explanation last week.

Indeed, in the Speaker’s case, some of those promises were put in writing. Remember this online Q&A published on the House Republican leadership’s website?
Are you repealing patient protections, including for people with pre-existing conditions?

No. Americans should never be denied coverage or charged more because of a pre-existing condition. […]

Won’t millions of Americans lose their health insurance because of your plan?

No. We are working to give all Americans peace of mind about their health care.
The day after 217 House Republicans voted for their party’s health care plan, the website was changed – and these promises, which Republicans broke, were replaced with new text.

In other words, instead of keeping their promises, Ryan and the House GOP leadership quietly – and literally – deleted some of their promises.

It’s a creative approach to honesty, isn’t it? First, make a promise. Second, break the promise. Third, hide the fact that you made the promise in the first place.

Indeed, it’s not just Congress. Eighteen months ago, Donald Trump’s campaign published an online statement demanding a “total and complete shutdown” of Muslims entering the United States,

and it stayed there until yesterday, when the text was quietly removed. <-----:stuck_out_tongue::scream::sweat_smile:

Yesterday also happens to be the day the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals heard oral arguments on Trump’s proposed Muslim ban.

Keep playing folks!

Maybe they should read the actual bill and not base their opinions on what’s on a website, since the website isn’t legislation. Also, the vast majority of people are covered by an employer, medicare, or medicaid. Only 7% of people are buying their own health insurance. So what would change for that vast majority of people?

Again, I read somebody mumbling jumbling about Americans not getting adequate education on their own health, but it seems the guy advocating that got quiet all the sudden when confronted with the stupidity above. Why? Because he is a partisan pretending to be unbiased. My goodness!

Oh, I forgot. Kaiser Permanente was the one who started the profiting on our health. I brought the link above on Nixon.

And, Republicans got in big trouble. By inercia, they created in the American people’s minds the idea that they need a Universal healthcare program, a single payer. The next elections are going to be sooooooo funny.

Did you even read the article about school food? I suspect you didn’t,. If you read, then you’d realize they admit kids don’t eat the lunches. They often end up in the trash. So I guess people feel good we give kids healthier lunches, and they’re willing to ignore that kids don’t eat them. You’d also realize they are trying to use school lunches to address the issue of unhealthy eating at home. A school lunch isn’t going to matter if the rest of the meals are garbage. So their “solution” isn’t actually working, since kids don’t eat the lunches and eat like crap at home. You wouldn’t guess that from their headline which must be the part you read.

Do you think single payer would be better than your current insurance?

First, states have to decide to allow insurers to do it. So the bill is giving more control to individual states. Secondly, they can only charge more for pre existing conditions if coverage lapses for more than 63 days. So what’s the mass hysteria about?

“For example, while the GOP bill retains the ACA provision that people, like Ryan, who have pre-existing conditions cannot be denied coverage, there’s a potential loophole. In a last-minute amendment proposed by Rep. Tom MacArthur, R-N.J., a state could seek permission to allow insurance companies to charge patients more (based on their health history) if their coverage lapses for more than 63 days.”

States can’t just cut people loose either. They must help high-risk people. The most logical option would be put them on the state’s medicaid program.

“The amendment would require that states seeking a waiver must also help people who have high health care costs. High-risk pools are the most commonly cited type of program to do this, but they were often underfunded and expensive for consumers and states.”

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/05/08/527415655/gop-health-bill-leaves-many-pre-existing-condition-protections-up-to-states

"Who would be affected?

If the law passed, a person generally would not be affected unless they lived in a state that sought a waiver. Moreover, they would need to have a lapse in health coverage for longer than 63 days and they would need to have a preexisting condition. Finally, they would have to purchase insurance in the individual market "

The one big part of problem with healthcare cost is that fxxking lawyers in this country
Without these lawyers we would be paying a lot less
Doctors have to perform a lot of meaningless unnecessary test just to cover their butt. and drugs too. they need to set aside money for lawsuits.

Aside from that, the hospital medical charges are outrageous

and i don’t understand how US made medicine sells way more than same medicine exported to canada and ship back to US.

Let’s see which president got balls to get down to these problem,i bet none.
US is not good for retirement.

Tyler Hafen feeling disgusted. (Facebook)
May 4 at 10:29pm ·

I am an American living in Europe, in a country that forces me to pay for healthcare at an amount based on my income. I earn a middle-class wage as a teacher, am married, and have two children. When we lived in the U.S. (pre-Obamacare) I was a graduate student. My fellowship provided me with health insurance, but not my wife. I studied, taught courses at the university and worked a part-time job as a direct care provider for people with disabilities on the side, but did not earn enough to pay the premiums for health insurance for my wife. Instead she had checkups done at the local Planned Parenthood, and we hoped and prayed nothing would happen to her. That was our health care plan.

Now we live in Germany. I have the equivalent of $350 removed from my paycheck each month for health insurance. I have no say over this, as it is required to pay into the health care system here. What do I get in return?

I, my wife, and both of my children are fully covered. If someone is sick, we call the doctor without thinking about the cost. We go to the dentist for regular checkups, and my daughter just had her wisdom teeth taken out at no cost. When we need to see a doctor, the waiting time for an appointment has not been any longer than the waiting times I experienced in the U.S. My wife recently had some health issues that required a number of visits and some medical tests. Total cost for all of that care: only the $350 that is taken out of my paycheck. There was no screening for pre-existing conditions before we entered the health insurance system, no threat of losing coverage. Just health care. I challenge any American to show me a plan of equivalent cost that covers four people and doesn’t have a sky-high deductible.

I understand that if something goes wrong and one of us has to go to the hospital or get special care, people making more than us will be footing part of that bill. I also recognize that when we don’t use the system much, a portion of the money I pay is going to subsidize care for people making less than me, or people who are unemployed. Neither of those facts bother me, nor do they bother the vast majority of Germans, because people here recognize health care as a human right, not a privilege.

The reason I’m saying all this: Obamacare was not a perfect plan, but it was a step in the right direction, a direction most developed countries moved toward decades ago. What House Republicans passed yesterday is a huge step back toward a system where health care is not a right, but a privilege. The plan doesn’t make sense from a fiscal or political perspective, but more importantly, it is morally repugnant, and will hurt people physically and financially. With all due respect, Paul Ryan (what little respect is due), you’re not making America great again by killing and bankrupting its most vulnerable citizens.

(Side note: If you want to share this, feel free. I’m normally not a fan of sticking my neck out, but I know enough people who could be negatively affected by this law that I want to put it out there.)