The Sunset Rocking The Overbids!

I see the Asian trend strengthening in Sunset, not weakening. So @sfdragonboy is right, we should name Sunset the new Chinatown.

I do notice many young non-Asian crowds in Richmond bars and restaurants. Is it a new thing? I am not that familiar with Richmond.

Iā€™m wondering whether Richmond would become a new Mission.

About Sunset, are the new buyers already SF residents? Are there many nonSF-residents moving into Sunset?

Frankly, both the Richmond and Sunset districts have large Asian populations. Clement Street probably and rightfully so could have been called Chinatown 2 many years ago. It just seems that the Sunset has caught up to the Richmond with its own several Chinatown satellite districts like Irving Street from 19th Ave to what 25th or so and on Noriega from 20th Ave to what 24th and back again on 30th Ave and down for several blocks.

Iā€™m curious whether thereā€™s any difference in terms of market cycle timing for different neighborhoods. Usually Asians have more confidence in RE. Why are Sunset late to the housing party? The first wave of appreciation seems to be in Noe, Mission and Bernal. Is it because Sunset and Richmond price decline was too shallow in the Great Recession?

Keep in mind that Asians are hellbent practically nursed on the notion that the attainment of a house is #1. And, that makes sense. It is shelter first and why not pay yourself back instead of someone else in the form of rent that is forever gone?

It is not that the Sunset is late to the party but perhaps because Asians feel ultra comfortable buying in one of the areas where Asians are plentiful and the pricing is still relatively doable. The real fear of interest rates heading up also probably just kicked them in the butt to stop fence sitting and start biddingā€¦

Richmond has a small Russian population and a lot of renters in the inner richmond/Arguello area, so demographics are a bit different.

Asian pricing strategy nets 237K over asking!!!

Your pal Jason must be double dipping, @sfdragonboy. Pending after 7 hours on MLS? Cā€™mon!

Wow, 1 block away from Lincoln high and 1/2 block from the reservoir. Thatā€™s not a good locationā€¦

Come on now, nothing here is going to generate positive cash flow unless bought outright no loans.

He likes to do thatā€¦ he always acted as though he owned the entire neighborhood.

I need to buy him dinnersā€¦

In fairest, he is not actingā€¦he gets way more than his share of the listings in the Sunset. I wonder how much those notebook tablets with his mug on it cost to send out to every Sunset resident. Sorry, dude, tablets come in handy when I need to make my grocery list but you ainā€™t getting my house ever. My boy Alex found me the house and he will sell it for me one day (full commission, ainā€™t even gonna bat an eye or negotiate it)ā€¦

I donā€™t think he will sell my house either. If heā€™s still around 10 years from now, I might consider :slight_smile:

Dude will be around. He 's fairly young and making so much moneyā€¦no reason to quit unless the need for realtors somehow change dramatically in 10 years.

I donā€™t know why people favor this Jason guy more than the other realtors. Realtors can literally just sit and twiddle their thumbs and the houses will sell.

That Jason guy is just better known and put on more ads. There is no secret to it.

Iā€™ve met him at his open houses. I suppose Chinese folks probably like that he speaks the lingo and he def has a more than satisfactory selling track record. I suppose I would be willing to pay for that (as opposed to going with some green agent).

Just like clock work, another Sunset home goes over asking. 1.3M, 275K over askingā€¦

How about this flipā€¦

$450k over asking!