The Sunset Rocking The Overbids!

Flipping is always very slim margin. Can’t expect to make too much profit based on renovation. If a flip made a lot of money, it’s probably more of the market moving up than the renovation itself.

I hear you, but isn’t this case a pretty good win for Mr. Flipper? So let’s say 400K + 800K, 1.2M and then selling for 1.7M??? Not too shabby, eh???

Yes. He held it for almost a year and the market moved up since last July when he bought it. I’d say maybe 20% of the profit is from renovation and 80% of it is from buy and hold.

Been flipping since 1976. It makes more sense to buy and hold these days. Let the market do the work.
Besides it is hard to find new flip potentials

1 Like

The problem with that is you can only buy and hold so much until you run out of cash… :confounded:

The key is the amount of money made and retained not the numbers of flips done. Besides buy and hold means less tax. Can always live off the refi money if needed.
I am currently flipping but it is a 1031

1 Like

You shouldn’t think this way because that would contribute to low inventory. Don’t hold, flip.

Not only I am putting realtors out of business I am driving up rents…:sunglasses:

I know what you mean… I’ve been living off of mountains of debt and more debt coming… :rofl:

OMG, 2M is within reach @wuqijun!!! Come on, Outer Sunset???

1 Like

Buyer’s on crack. How is it that Central Sunset is priced the same as Outer Sunset? Albeit the one below is a little bit smaller but still.

We are seeing a pricing convergence of the entire city. Location doesn’t matter much anymore; the quality and size of the house dictates pricing over location.

1 Like

Sweet, big Central Sunset beauty goes for North of 2M!!! The bar has been reached!!!

Nice!!! Another 2M sale in the Sunset!!! What market slowdown or pause??? How about 405K over asking, and the list price was not classic low ball style either…

1 Like

Forget Singapore, the CRAZY RICH ASIANS are in the Sunset, Baby!!! How so, dragonman? This!!! 610K over asking!!! Take that!!!

1 Like

No way the 46th ave buyer is Asian…just look at the house number.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter, some crazy, rich, person just dropped major coin on the Fab 7x7 coastline… me like…

Nice when a Sunset fixer goes for 1.48M!!!

Ok, boys and girls, what does high ceilinged garage translate to??? ADU!!! ADU!!! ADU!!!

1 Like

This one must be over 65 feet in length

Ok, 406K over asking to go over 1.8M!!! Sunset… still strong!!!