This Is Exactly Why Oakland Is Oakland

I think the opposite is happening

1 Like

Some of the comments are pretty funny.

Hot off the press:

Wow. I wonder what’s coming. As a property owner in Oakland I am scared shitless.

1 Like

You should pay attention to the activists being appointed to national level positions too.

2 Likes

from oakland.

1 Like

Some low-income families of color in Oakland will soon receive $500 a month in no-strings-attached cash as part of a privately funded program, Mayor Libby Schaaf said in a Tuesday announcement.

Under the plan, participants will be randomly selected, and white people — who earn three times as much as blacks on average in the city — are not eligible

1 Like

wtf

AGH. liberals gone crazy. and I say this as a liberal.

2 Likes

Gives a whole new meaning to the phase “you couldn’t pay me to live there.”

1 Like

Liberals have been living in fear of the radical left since the sixties. The problem is there is no room further on the left until there is communist tyranny . The moderates in the Democratic Party need to reign in the radical progressives or they will loose support in our right of center country. Open borders, pc speech, free everything, gender confusion and pretty soon working people will be distancing themselves from Democrats.

2 Likes

The vote split by age group is telling. People stop drinking the liberal kool-aid around 35. That’s probably when they’ve finally witnessed enough to realize it doesn’t actually work. It’s also when people are earning more money and raising their own kids. Those realities probably make them less excited about paying more taxes to pay for other people’s “free stuff”. It’s easy to think those are all good ideas when someone has zero responsibilities and others are paying the bill for it.

1 Like

“A’s president Dave Kaval said during the session that the new term sheet, consisting of city amendments, “is not a business partnership that works for us,” echoing his sentiments from Monday when he told ESPN that a “yes” vote under the city’s terms was “akin to a ‘no’ vote.” Kaval expressed concern that some of the amendments – covering affordable housing and anti-displacement protections, among other items – consisted of language that the A’s were seeing for the first time and said the team was “still digesting” some of them.”

Sorry, Oakland Rental Owners!!!

They planned to raise rent higher? :laughing:
They lucky their tenants are even paying. Oakland/Alameda County eviction moratorium still in effect!

Me so glad I am out of there…

I said I would get out too like half a decade ago but yet I am still here.

I’m still trying to pick up pennies and nickels in front of the steamroller that is the City of Oakland government.