This, Is Why Google Is Google

You want to go all the way to major league?

Avoid using Google!

1 Like
2 Likes

Donā€™t join Google! Ok, if youā€™re an alt-right.

Donā€™t join google if you arenā€™t California left. Anything in the middle is probably alt-right to them. They donā€™t realize how far left left they are.

2 Likes

Alphabetā€™s DeepMind Takes on Billion-Dollar Debt and Loses $572 Million

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-07/alphabet-s-deepmind-takes-on-billion-dollar-debt-as-loss-spirals?srnd=premium

I like how they accuse alt-righters of trying to ā€œinfiltrateā€ the company. I mean, are we talking a concerted effort to actually do so, or is anyone mildly on the ā€œrightā€ so out-of-place that making suggestions on how software should be written that it looks like infiltration???

1 Like
1 Like

Everyone knows HRā€™s job is to protect the company. They donā€™t care about harassment unless thereā€™s liability exposure for the company.

1 Like

ā€œDo no Evilā€ my a** :smile:

2 Likes

Google story: She backstabbed the Director that promoted her. Doubt any Directors would want this kind of subordinates. To make matters worse, she washed dirty linen in public, now no corporate would employ her. IMHO, the unsaid responsibility of an employee, regardless of rank, is to protect your bossā€™s and the companyā€™s public image. Some ICs donā€™t realize, but I would expect a manager? PM? should know.

I guess I hadnā€™t gotten that memo. Thanks for letting me know.

I would NEVER have pegged youtube as right leaning. And what Iā€™ve heard from some conservative Christians would say otherwise. In particular, one guy tried uploading a pro-life video multiple times and it would hang while the title had those words in it, but when he changed the title to something generic, it uploaded immediately. He could only upload videos by changing the titles afterwards.

2 Likes

Do no evil, promulgating a bad habit is not evil :imp:

When the whole world finds out your company is biased and snowflakes canā€™t handle facts, the obvious solution is to hide the conversations.

2 Likes