Today Market October 2022

Not many RE buyers on here for years. Meanwhile prices doubled in the exburbs. I bet there will be some huge bargains coming. Stocks probably too. Looks like the darlings of the last two yaars including all the memes spacs ipos apes, crapto are all down 50-90%

The reason I looked at these two because they are one story. I haven’t bought any two story houses in 5 years. I think the aging population will give one story houses a premium value plus the provide more room( need to subtract 200 sf from a two story) and better floor plans.
The 20 year old house has a great modern floor plan compared the old tired rancher.

3 Likes

Your tenant pool is all aging folks?

True, SFH and bigger lot is premium ever since I know about real estate. All my rental SFH homes were one stories, except the current primary. Unfortunately, I sold everything for profits!

Not all. But they are the best tenants. My favorite is 78. The guy in my barn apartment is 66. Always pay in time . No conflicts or parties.
As far as one story… they are better for young families also. Lots of one story houses in Tahoe… but they are all old. Zoning makes them unaffordable to build with FAR rules so they will become more scarce and valuable.

3 Likes

The Fed is a menace to mankind. Even the UN is weighing in.

4 Likes

This is either the start of a rip your face off rally or a head fake before we go much lower. I don’t think there will be a middle outcome. The question is which one. I think inflation is finally collapsing in spectacular fashion.

Oh, and there’s this:

Wages have been the biggest driver of inflation. Can we finally settle that a blanket minimum wage would just increase inflation and not help anyone? It’s effectively happened, and we can all see the results.

Naturally that is the way. You remember the day I started buying calls, and repeated buying, market has temporarily changed for (2-3 weeks) timeframe but long term (3-9 months), it is still downward side.

At some point, inflation will be killed by JPowell and team successfully. Until then, we will have this market.

BTW: This is inference, anything can go wrong.

The billion dollar question.

Camp 1: Believe in earning recession and don’t fight the Fed. This camp believes AAPL and TSLA would break below Jun 16’s low.

Camp 2: Ignore the earning recession and show Fed the :fu:. BTFD.

This only has data through March. SPY earnings are up a tiny bit yr/yr in Q1 and the last 4 quarters are all higher than prior year. Earnings are fine. It’s fear of things falling off a cliff as rates go higher.

1 Like

We knew that. Is why so many investors are holding nearly all cash. The question is when they would BTFD en masse. Wait for Fed U-turn or front run given the knowledge from past experience that once market bottom it rockets. Is figuring out the mass psychology.

Hear from your famous Person!

Doubt Fed would turn dovish. Is either the market :sheep: wait for Fed to U turn or :fu:Fed. Nov should be 0.75 and Dec 0.5 regardless of CPI prints.

It hasn’t started yet. The last 2 days are lower volume than the big down day prior,. This is going higher, because there’s a lack of sellers. That might mean we hit capitulation. The mass buying isn’t happening though.

@marcus335

Market has been doing what you like, declines in the morning and then reverses up. So this is a bull market?

I still want to see more volume. The 2 big up days were lower volume that the last big down day. This is seller exhaustion. We need buyer enthusiasm.

4 Likes

If I guess, next 5 days market goes sideways, neither up nor down, goes up and down in the same range 3775 and 3825 range.

Pure guess work.

SPY is back below 10-day, so the downtrend resumes. That 2-day rally appears to have been a fake which makes sense given the lack of volume.

3 Likes

wow…what a drop. Time to nibble on TQQQ or no?

1 Like

3 Likes