Today Market

This is why I called BS when all the housing bears said they’d buy in the next dip or crash. We were literally a few years removed from one and they didn’t buy. The bottom isn’t when bad news stops which is when they’ll feel safe to buy. The bottom is when the news can’t get worse. You’ll see up days on bad news, since it’s not as bad as feared.

I do worry the market is ahead of itself. The odds are there will be some 5-10% pullbacks or corrections. The real question is will people think it’s a pullback and buy or wait thinking we’re in for another 30% plunge.

The weird thing about the market is it’s not about your own opinion. It’s about the herd’s opinion. The herd is often wrong, but they can still move the market in their direction for awhile. You can refuse to change direction and call the herd stupid, or you can make money off the direction they go.

3 Likes

Is up to us to guess what they will do. If correct, we make $$$ :slight_smile: Awhile can be years :slight_smile:

You missed the timeline: in 5 years. No, I don’t believe 20% of SV workforce will go permanently remote in 5 years. They may come in maybe just one day a week to do some face-to-face or have some good old social gathering with coworkers. Normal life is suspended right now so it may seem alien. People forgot work is not just being a cog in the machine. There is a social component.

You nailed it perfectly , the fear of common investors !

That’s why I use moving averages. I use them as trend lines and stops when trend lines are broken.

The Chinese market has gone nuts. Shanghai up 5% and HK up 4. Has been on a parabolic rise in the last few weeks.

I got the wrong stocks. BABA is MànMàn

Long term chart. No idea why it suddenly shot up.

Bull market continues.

After some scolding, BABA makes a new ATH :slight_smile:

All of us should follow @manch, sell your rentals and plough into stocks!

@erth - Notice China stocks are mooning! Media talks as if de-list is a BIG deal but really a non-event.

1 Like

The stock market prices move below or above the true enterprise value. Stock market has habit of pricing up the companies that have zero or negative earnings. De-listing companies that do not disclose adequately is not about stock pricing but about the full disclosure to the investors.

So many new ATHs

AAPL
TSLA
NVDA

@Jil

UPRO underperforms TQQQ for a few days. Have to switch to TQQQ :slight_smile:

1 Like

UPRO is underperforming not only TQQQ but many many WFH/ cloud stocks. It means non-WFH/cloud stocks are doing badly e.g. MU :sob:

What you show is just FOMO, if I guess.

UPRO is capital weighted 500 stocks and TQQQ is capital weighted 100 stocks.

Asset allocation is the major concern. If you put 10% each on 10 different stocks, and you must exceed all others in the long run when you buy and hold.

If one or two drops heavily on sector rotation, you can not win over UPRO or TQQQ. When you buy UPRO and TQQQ for trading, you can easily allocation 80% or 100% level so that it is supported by 500 or 100 shares.

For buy and hold, better way is VOO and not UPRO, neither TQQQ.

I am not against buy WFH stocks or individual stocks, but asset allocation is the key. There, I see WQJ is super strong on key pickers.

New ATHs

BABA
AMZN
NVDA
AAPL

Unfortunately, only for SAH/ WFH stocks, UPRO is red while TQQQ is green.

Still haven’t switched to TQQQ :sob:

You can sell UPRO any time when it is green for you? Why not buy new TQQQ in parallel? Do you think market may go down further more?

Miss the chance to buy when it is red. Now have to wait :slight_smile:

Is this the bubble we have been looking for?