Today Market

I think many people place hard sell stops. First half hour would be to take out all the stops. If there are margin calls, the fall would be spectacular.

Cheap money forever

Update:Futures Turned green dramatically now !

Update:Futures Turned green dramatically now !

Shanghai up almost 3%. China is rebounding strongly.

1 Like

Why are we so afraid of recessions and market corrections? We are trying financial engineered out all natural market cycles.

It’s not healthy in the longer run.

2 Likes

The original objective of intervention recommended by economists is to dampen the volatility. We have forgotten about the original objective. Guess is political as in if government doesn’t do anything, voters would tell them so by voting them out. Same kind of behavior for actively managed fund managers, if they do nothing for a few years, investors would pull out since they also can hold the same counters and don’t do anything - So funds have to trade.

1 Like

Futures had gone negative; now swinging to positive by a couple hundred. Based on internet buzz the sense of panic on main street seems to have increased over the weekend. It will be interesting to see if there is a huge divergence between what markets think and what the hoi polloi think.

Costco is up 6%, maybe because of all the panic buying.

Costco baby was thrown out together with the water. Crawling back home. I know because have bought Costco a few times recently.

I wonder how many people got the virus while panic shopping for toilet paper over the weekend?
How long will the panic shopping last?

2 Likes

Failed to go above the 200-day. That’ll be resistance until it breaks it. That’ll determine if it’s a dead-cat bounce or recovery.

2 Likes

I put a boatload in this morning shortly after opening. With the yield on the S&P this far above bonds and cash I’m happy to be a bit early. Feeling smart at the moment. We’ll see.

3 Likes

While shopping in Costco, market turns from red to green :thinking:

Hanera’s Kangaroo Jump happened, nothing can stop now…market goes up and up…

1 Like

I don’t deserve :hugs: the credit since Jim Cramer is the one who said and your algo also said buy on Friday.
As for Costco, my wife pressurized me to buy. I didn’t monitor it at all.

1 Like

Lucky for me the bulk of the gains came at the end of the day and not at the open.
Of course tomorrow is another day.

2 Likes

I am going to stay away from Costco and the stock market for two weeks. The news media has a short attention span. Something else will be urgent then. Oh that’s right, on Wednesday the news will be totally focused on the primaries.

Not sure how much a rate cut would help in a supply shock. Weird times we are living in :thinking:

Not just monetary, there’s talk of fiscal policy accommodation too. Trump is right to be scared. If this is still a thing in late summer he will probably lose to Comrade Bernie.

1 Like