Today Market

Bay area only: I am actually helping (just free service) few friends find a good location primary homes and they may buy sometime in 2019. Only issue is limited funds, less than 800k, may be Condo or Town homes.

Personally, I am constantly watching homes, but not aggressive as I may not get mortgage.

Telling us you have $1M cash standby?

1 Like

Real Estate is attractive with fixed mortgage hold long. I want some banks to fund me, too much greedy, but safe leverage :joy:

Nobody has that. Itā€™s all mumble jumble about stocks, dividends, blah, blah, blah.

When I read or see anybody above my age still stuck in the stock market or responding to calls in the middle of the night about a leak in the kitchen, or the water disposal not working, I know that person wonā€™t live happier, he or she wonā€™t enjoy his last years because of the fear of losing what he should have all secured and ready to live La Vida Loca!

Donā€™t wait! Go and enjoy your last years with money you have around. You will kick the can, guess who is going to enjoy that wealth? The otherā€¦ā€¦ā€¦:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Me? Give me $500K cash right now, I am gone!

Which we can get by selling our home, free and clear. :wink:

Our kids? They will be on their own. Life is tough, so why making them weak?:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Timberā€¦rrr

Micron just met analysts expectations!

1 Like

Market as usual tanked MU to $31 (9% appx)

Any holders of KHC? It provides 5.4% yield, down 42% from peak, 27% BRK holding ?

Who wants to start some short positions? There are a lot of bearish charts that show no signs of bottoming.

1 Like

No way. Market is more like in a trough.

Two types of bottoming. Down sharply with a capitulation or down down down till volume dried.

This will go down and has to come up normally. Even if FED stopped raising rates, Market will sink

First time, I buy SPY put and SPY short, let me see what happens !

1 Like

This is getting ugly. I did some hedging with XLE, XLF, XLI, and XLY puts. They are up 43-97% and thatā€™s not enough to offset the losses on stocks. It might be time to go net short.

2 Likes

At the bottom of the trough and you are going short? Good luck with thatā€¦

There hasnā€™t been capitulation yet and the yield curve is getting closer and closer to inverting.

2 Likes

Nasdaq100 Officially touched down 20% In Bear Market,(20%=6500), then little recovered.

Manch capitulated :smile:

2 Likes

Itā€™s a @harriet kind of Santa Claus rally. Lots of stocks are heading to 52-week lows.

2 Likes

Harriet is too young to have tasted any bitterness. She thinks recession is a shopping spreeā€¦ :smile:

You guys should treat it like a shopping spree too - no pain no gain. Add more :dancing_women:

1 Like