Today's Market 1/17-23

@Jil

Since the market is closed, I glance through some stocks, realize the F-10 & MSFT are in limbo except TSLA and BIDU :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Small caps and bitcoin are on fire :scream: Wonder what does it mean? Just rotation?

F-10: FB AMZN NFLX GOOG TSLA AAPL NVDA BABA TCEHY BIDU

1 Like

See what Robinhooders are buying, these F10 is active purchases and they are not selling !
https://robinhood.com/collections/100-most-popular

Analysts refer to RHers? They are BTFDers? Is what @pastora said. How come only one direction % and donā€™t have how many sell? Canā€™t assume 99 percentage buy mean 1 percentage sell, that would be faulty logic.

Even reddit buys mad calls Real Time WSB !

What about semis?

Talking about F10 which include NVDA. Anyhoo, semis are hot too. Only megacap are muted. Other than F10, MSFT, CRM,ā€¦ are also sidewaysā€¦ didnā€™t look further. Kind of odd when QQQ is rallying. Hard to say, mega caps might be awakened soon, rotation?

FB is a deep value stock at this point.

2 Likes

I notice so I BTO 2 lotto FB calls (Jul 16, $300) - about $2k outlay.
CRM looks like deep value too, so I BTO 2 lotto CRM calls (LEAPS 22 $300) - about $2k outlay.
Just opportunistic so not big bet.

The Bespoke Investmentā€™s ā€œludicrousā€ indicator counts the number of companies with a market cap of $0.5bn or higher and a trailing price-to-sales of 10 or more that have doubled over the past three months. The index is extremely elevated but is still well below the dot-com highs.

1 Like

When did you buy?

Last Wednesday.

1 Like

Good, I thought you left the boat !

Medium term, FB is not good. Is opportunistic bet.

The equity risk premiumā€”the earnings yield on the average S&P 500 stock minus the yield on the safe 10-year Treasury noteā€”is roughly 3.2%. The lower the premium, the more richly valued stocks are. Historically, the risk premium rarely dips below 3%, but when it does, it often portends market weakness.

Who looks at this metric? @manch?

At the same time, investors are now holding far less cash than they were just months ago. The need to preserve firepower to buy at lower prices makes them less likely to step into the market to buy on minor dips.

Self fulfilling or ammunition for stock rally? Anyhoo, RHers spend every cents on BTFD opportunities.

ā€¦ The biggest risk to 2021 earnings is a negative vaccine surprise. Continued slow distributions of vaccines or worse-than-expected efficacy could slow down reopenings, cutting into the rebound in profits that investors were counting on as they bid up share prices last fall.

Is he talking about tech stocks? Such scenario is good for tech stocks.

Again fear monger barronā€™s article ! Okay, feel free to sell your call when you feel stock is going on correction !

The 10 year treasury yield has been rising. I wrote about it in one of the charts. That and the rising stocks market are pushing the premium downward.

I have been saying for weeks the market has priced in an unrealistic fast vaccination. Could be trouble. Another way to look at it is, market bought the reopening rumor but will sell the reopening news, sometime this year.

1 Like

I just bought the calls because it is likely to have completed correction and you tell me to sell?
Didnā€™t read any baron article on FB. Pure opportunistic based on chart.

Many articles said this. So is self fulfilling or climb wall of worry? I am very confused. Many investors and traders are confused too judging from the behavior of EW waves - all these are reflected in the waves! Now has to wait for them to be clear and then follow their leads. I didnā€™t go to top US colleges and donā€™t even have a degree in a US college, so donā€™t have critical and analytical thinking, only know how to blindly follow the geniuses.

I am not asking you to sell, see here (same kind of Cathie statements), holding calls and telling market crash article !

If you feel market correction will come, as per barrons article, stocks are likely to go down including FB. Had you bought stocks, you can hold, but options you need to sell when you fear about market correction, right?

Huh? Thought I am confused. Anyhoo, you are worried about $2k??? Is throwaway money. If I am confident of what is happening, I would pump in $50k :slight_smile: Since when you become a RHer, only have a few $k to trade?

1 Like

Me or you not confident?

You will soon regret not putting more money on FB, esp after the resultsā€¦when it hits peak.