Today's Market 1/3-9

MOAR Bitcoins!

Seriously looks like more upside ahead. 100 to 125K before it falls over? That’s 3 to 4x from current price level.

Calling the in-house TA guys.

Buy any quality hard asset right now. The dollar is trash. It’s plunging again today while gold soars. If you have a passion for something - artwork, guns, comic books, guitars, whatever - and you’re passionate enough to know the market and separate the cheap common stuff from the quality stuff - don’t be afraid to drop some coin.

2 Likes

Who likes to buy AMC? It is just $2, very low in a decade?

They can go bankrupt too…

They can double it.

IMO, The drop will be temporary, no steep one.
I do not know how far it can go down.
It can even stop today by end of day, I do not know.

This is guess, looks like market bleeding stops today…(BTW: This is not stock advice, my statements can go wrong easily).

Motley Fool is a scam

1 Like

1 Like

@manch

Referring to @wuqijun and @Zeapelido?

You are over interpreting things.

:innocent:

2 Likes

You could’ve made good money had you followed my direction into TSLA back in 2018. I even posted my purchases on this forum. Too bad.

2 Likes

Recall I told you not much cash? Only $50k. If buy TSLA, no more entertainment money. Actually, TSLA underperforms FAANMG till Covid-19 + the split + inclusion to S&P. That is very depressed for 2+ years.

Since @Jil has a two year time frame for review, he would have sold at the review just when it started to rocket. If not for Covid-19, TSLA probably still underperforms.

I see. Tsla valuation is still not high enough to cause serious regret. Ok, let’s revisit this after another couple years. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually I wanted to buy about $50k (portfolio has grown to $150k then, now is about $310) worth in 2019 when Elon Musk wants to build a factory in Shanghai - thought would be very profitable since Chinese loves luxury cars. I hesitated because Trump keeps telling American companies to get out of China, so I thought he would give Elon Musk a hard time. I have underestimated Elon’s ability to stroke Trump’s dxxx. Only if I know Elon as well as you, I would go big.

As you can see, if not for the surge because of the split + inclusion to S&P, my portfolio won’t be 50% less compare to invest all in TSLA.

Not me. I have a perfect IQ of 100!

Most SWEs have IQ of 110-120, one notch below College Professors 120-130, and one notch above K-12 teachers 100-110. Since you’re a data scientist, you may have an IQ that of a College Professor.

Better hope is just a correction and not start of a bear market.

If correction, $400 is a good price.
If bear market, $10.

Market will go healthy correction, guess/inference, and likely stop by this month (another 14-18 days), my guess is same 5%-9% level for S&P.

As a layman mode, I do not think TSLA is correcting to $400 (you are too greedy) !

Is there any EWT basis for $400(TSLA)?

BTW: Guess/Inference can 100% go wrong.

Normally, multi-year Cycle degree wave IV corrects to price zone of multi-month Primary degree wave 4. $400 is the lowest :slight_smile: price of price zone, the highest price is $500. However if it is just a wave IIII.5.i, the not lower than $566.

1 Like

The problem with arguing that Bitcoin is “going to zero” is that there are too many investors who are willing to buy it at a price far above $0. I remember speaking to many non-crypto investors before the recent run up in price who said they wouldn’t buy Bitcoin at $10,000, but if it dropped to $1,000-$2,000 they would surely jump in.

Well guess what? Now that the current price is above $30,000, some of those investors have likely increased the limit at which they would consider buying Bitcoin. Instead of buying at $1,000 these same investors may be happy to jump in closer to $10,000. And every time the price goes up in the future, these “mental buy limits” go up as well, increasing the likelihood of Bitcoin’s future survival.

“But Nick, Bitcoin doesn’t have any intrinsic value!” Well, guess what? Neither does gold which has a $10 trillion market capitalization! So if you want to argue against Bitcoin on intrinsic value terms, then you have to argue against gold too. Because both the price of gold and the price Bitcoin are based around one thing and one thing alone—belief. The belief that these assets will have value in the future.

1 Like