Today's Market 12/27-1/02

Bitcoin market cap will catch up to TSLA soon.

No vaccine stocks? What about MSFT?

Confirmed, common year-end pull back tomorrow.

1 Like

ARK loaded up on ZM today.

TQQQ hits ATH while cloud & SAAS stocks continue to decline (some weak bounces) and @manch’s latest love is DOWN! Luckily I didn’t own any ARKG but I do have TQQQ :star_struck:

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 11.03.09 AM

This Time prediction passed !

1 Like

2 Likes

Talking about long OTM puts? Tell Thomas to speak clearly.

I was toying with the idea of long (Jan 22) puts before you post this article because Trump is so desperate to be President that he is considering imposing martial laws, forcefully taking over USA! Start of the CaesarTrump monarchy era. Brace yourself for possible Market dive as wished by @erth. Does Trump has major military support?

I’ve a few long OTM put positions and only 2 calls (XLE and UGA)
I closed my SNOW puts for about 90% gain. Expiration Feb 2021, I didn’t want to be a victim of theta decay so I took what I could. I’ll be back if it goes to 350 again though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Market dive is OK if it means the pricing represent true value of the underlying business and corporations. And, a big if, it is not followed by another round of massive money printing to protect the losers.

The market has priced in unrealistically fast vaccination. So far progress is running far slower. Could be trouble.

Bloomberg: U.S. Vaccinations at 200,000 a Day Run Far Short of ‘Warp Speed’

When market is bottomed, all news/media provide scary stories after stories, scare the retail investors away buying opportunity. Both BNTX and MRNA bottomed almost (I even bought MRNA and BNTX today) as My algorithm pointed out “Buy”.

Just wait for 45 days, everything changes after quarterly results are announced.

1 Like

I saw some biotech ppl in reddit talk about how this new innovation would help in hair loss and other regeneration problems in the future

2 Likes

Look like TSLA is going for $720 which should be the peak :slight_smile:

Worse than TSLA.

1 Like

I see there is no end to drop for these, let me see the bottom and my holding strength. I still have some cash to buy at further 50% bottom.

This is why I hate buy and hold. Had I followed my trading methods on these stocks, I would have made 40% (easy 25%) gain by now ! In fact, most of my investments in IRA, no need to worry about tax deduction.

May be, I should go back to my own trading soon than buy & Hold. But trying to see the end of BNTX and MRNA where it is going to lead me by Dec 2021.

Buy n hold should be buying at the LOW, not near the high.

MRNA and BNTX are near ATHs when you first bought. Should only trade. Want to buy n hold, ZM if you think is outstanding.

1 Like

I also believed once that being a trader would give more profit but every statistic I saw showed buy and hold gives long term higher return than trading.

2 Likes

Trading is a job. If can make more at your day job, don’t bother. Buy and hold. Traders have to beat the market twice, both buying and selling. Too much stress for most, especially for taxable trades.

Cathie sold some TSLA today…

:thinking:

1 Like