Today's Market 2/14-20

That’s exactly the disappointment. We’re literally repeating what was a total failure the last time. Wealth inequality grew faster under Obama than Bush. Yet all these people vote Democrat thinking their policies will create more equal outcomes. It’s all talk while the actual results are the opposite.

Stock valuations could be in for a big adjustment early next year when people realize the policies aren’t creating the rebound that’s expected. I guess load up and enjoy the run before people figure it out.

1 Like

Wealth divide has little to do with government policies or the rich exploiting the poor or globalization or a group of nations exploiting another group of nations or climate change or whatever stories cooked up. All these are BSes promoted by politicians for political gains.

It is a consequence of new businesses disrupting the old* businesses at an alarming rate while employing much less employees yet super productive. Work for those new businesses or invest in their stocks.

*old nowadays could be less than 10 years. disruption is happening very fast.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/li-ka-shing-gives-zoom-100216540.html

The 92-year-old started making early Zoom bets in 2013. The value of his stake, which was worth about $850 million when the company went public in the U.S., had surged to some $10 billion before the share transfer as the video-conferencing service became an essential tool for millions of people working and learning from home during the Covid-19 stay-at-home orders.

1 Like

Okay, do you want to know when I really post correct and when I fool you?

Next time, when you ask me a question “Is you algo is pointing up or down kind of question?” you will know how I fool you… :crazy_face:

I already bought calls Friday !

You didn’t deny this,

on Tuesday :smiling_imp:

So, is the Tuesday’s closing price lower or higher than open price?

No need EW: Last Friday, many stocks and indices shot up the last half-1 hr before close. Usually that mean open high on Tuesday because of option actions (and some FOMO buying). What happen at the end of the day?

1 Like

Japan’s Nikkei 225 crosses 30,000 for first time in more than three decades

Are we entering the next commodities supercycle?

1 Like

Seems important.

The bond yield chart I posted above was indeed a big deal. That and @hanera’s badmouthing is pushing the market lower. Is this the crash you are looking for @hanera? Tesla is down so that should make you happy. :thinking:

Meanwhile Bitcoin continues to :rocket:

Just a puny drop so far. QQQ is supposed to hit $350s before deep pull back. This looks like just a wave (ii) retracement, puny one… look like a retracement of the rally from $312.75. Wait for the BIG one (retracement of the rally from Mar 2020 or worse), make sure you close all positions before QQQ hits $350s.

1 Like

I don’t believe in going all cash. Just ride out the volatility.

Just curious if TSLA will hit the 50 day and what it will do if it hits.

Wall Street strikes back.

If the retracement is for Mar 2020…

is ok to ride it out. Frankly, I don’t know :hugs: whether it is or worse.

In any case, if they are buy n hold, is ok to ride any pull backs… but you seem to have too many buy n hold… should be less than 5 for your NW :stuck_out_tongue:. @wuqijun owns four? TSLA SQ AAPL FB. Since I’m much poorer than both of you, I only own one

Retracement to Mar 2020 won’t happen with Fed still pumping money. I’d start looking when Fed starts raising rates again, probably around mid 2022 if inflation materializes. But by then we would be another 2000 points or so higher on Nasdaq, which makes retracing all the way to Mar 2020 unlikely.

Market predicts Fed would rise rate in Q2… you have not been reading widely recently? Mr Market has premonition… by the time, you hear Fed rises rate, drop a ton already. You’re not in sync with Mr Market.

You’re dead wrong. Is more likely.

Back to March lows. If the whole market retraces to March 2020,
won’t bother me. How about the rest of you?
Same with RE with a 50% drop.

Bond yield and P/E accepted are strongly inversely related.

Bonds at 1% - surely willing to pay $100 for a stock share that high confidence returns 3 EPS. (P/E of 33)
Bonds at 2% - now probably only willing to pay $100 for 5 EPS (P/E of 20)
Bonds at 0% - well, in theory will to pay $100 for EPS of 1 EPS or lower (P/E of 100) because it still pays better!

Bought 4000 shares of CCIV at $12.50. Now at > $50

Lucid valued at 60 billion dollars.

But still hasn’t merged yet. Could still go up further. But that valuation is crazy and not sustainable.

Not sure if I should sell, or wait. Maybe sell half?

1 Like

On Friday, I did not have any clue, True no clue, but yesterday got it removed to cash. But market may be up side tomorrow, looks to me temporary as correction or pull back is not completed it.

Why QQQ needs to hit $350, it is already turned down and completes the down wave now onwards?