Today's Market August 2021

Some interesting names set to report next week.

I like this setup heading into August.

Goldman Sachs Positioning Indicator:

A thoughtful memo from Howard Marks regarding inflation risks.

Historic pattern for the next 3 months is down slightly.

1 Like

Nothing happens in August. Everyone is on vacation.

Google is suddenly doing very well… :thinking:

2 Likes

Tencent down more than 9% in HK now.

Why play video games when you should sit up and study Xi’s writings?

Update: that newspaper deleted the article that calls Tencent’s game “opium of the mind”. Tencent share recouped some loss. Down only 6%.

Is this the market you want to invest in?

:rofl:

My haircuts cost 50% more. Gas is up 25%. Liberty Energy is raising my electric bill 42% to go green( well at least that is their BS explanation). Lumber is double, was 5x. Food and restaurants up 10-20%. My Plumber is now $180/hr. $100 2 years ago. Even wine bottles for my winery went from .75 to $2.00 each. Labor costs are double from 2 years ago.
The only good news for me is a 2bd apartment in Tahoe has gone from $1100 to $2200.
Inflation is here. Deal with it… Figure how to make money. Leverage to the hilt and buy RE.
Nobody will ever drop their wage or prices. Only oil companies play that game

1 Like

This week’s earnings reports. Some interesting names like Coinbase, Unity, SoFi and AirBnB there.

S&P 500 equal weight is breaking out. Breadth is improving. It’s no longer just the mega caps lifting the market up.

Green line is the percentage of S&P 500 companies trading above their 50 day moving average. Heading higher.

Is Softbank dumping tech stocks to cover losses from China stocks? Or ploughing proceeds from China stocks into US stocks? Answer depends on whether he is on margin :slight_smile:

Beats the expectation quite widely, but with Delta pre-caution, it’s going negative. What do you all think? Time to buy more?

4.41% drop is not that much. If it is like FSLY, I would buy. Let’s what happen 2mrw morning.

Airbnb is being banned everywhere

Korea Vietnam Iraq Afghanistan. When will we learn these little countries aren’t worth our blood and treasure. Just say no to colonial wars. We aren’t even an empire and we get no benefit if we win and we always loose. Nation building is a farce. Think of the billions we spent and thousands of lives lost trying to improve Afghanistan and their infrastructure. All wasted.

2 Likes