Today's Market November 2022

Exclude OER and rental, CPI is negative. Is up to Fed. Don’t know what game they are playing.

1 Like

Market is looking for “signs” of Pivot in December, not necessarily pivot in Dec. I think 0.5 is what is priced in today. If it goes to 0.75 look for heavy drop, if it goes to 0.25 look for heavy gain. Dec CPI is going to look even better (especially year-over-year)… As I mentioned in other thread, there is a chance of Christmas rally this year and short squeezes will be sweeten things.

FYI today’s rise is primarily to cover for shorts and expect some drop in Monday…

2 Likes

Open down close high like today is :+1:

2 Likes

Would love to see that… But reality is going to be swings up and down till next data check-points…

Thank you. I will try.

Nowadays, I do not get time due to 9-6 work schedule.

BTW: Something happened ( software update) this forum that I am unable to click or login using computer, but allows only through cell phone.

I tried with two different computers, same issue.

1 Like

Risk on :grinning: Short squeeze, short covering, momentum trading, … We would know which stocks are truly junk after the euphoria ends and pull back begins. Buy those that hardly pull back for LT investment.

@manch look at it.

Anyone able to use computer to login this forum?

I am unable to login or click anything from computer!

I don’t have problems with either phone or computer. I use both everyday with no problems.

Are your phone and computer on the same network? I mean, is your phone using its own cell network or the home broadband? Did you try log yourself out and log back in?

2 Likes

I can login using MBP and iPhone.

1 Like

Got it, it is my chrome pop-up blocker issue ! Now, I tried with Edge, working.

1 Like

Walmart — Shares of retailer Walmart jumped more than 7% after reporting quarterly earnings that beat Wall Street’s expectations and raising its forward guidance. The company reported adjusted earnings per share of $1.50 on $152.81 billion in revenue, where analysts expected adjusted earnings per share of $1.32 and $147.75 billion in revenue, per Refinitiv.”

It’s interesting, because they were one of the first to highlight excess inventory and discount to clear it. That moves looks smart now.

It’s not encouraging that the economy is being held together by consumers adding CC debt. At some point, people will reach their credit limit and the shock to the economy could be significant.

“Total debt jumped by $351 billion for the July-to-September period, the largest nominal quarterly increase since 2007, bringing the collective household IOU in the U.S. to a fresh record $16.5 trillion, up 2.2% from the previous quarter and 8.3% from a year ago.”

Notice how debt was increasing a lot before 2008 happened? That’s part of what made that downturn so severe. People had less savings to fall back on. We are literally replaying that same mistake as savings is down significantly after growing in 2020 and now debt is increasing rapidly.

Credit card debt is the economic equivalent of a sugar high with a worse hangover effect.

1 Like

Incident of stray missile hitting Poland tanks the market.

This is where news/media cheating the public, for every action of world event, there is a reaction in the market like Newton’s law !

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Remember, everything in market is pre-planned, not spontaneous

I saw unique scenario, in my algorithm similar to Mar 29 -Apr 4th peak, then came last week and warned here.

I do not like to be bearish or bullish, but practically I see where the market goes.

Last few days I am continuously buying UVXY Nov 25th $9 Strike price calls whenever UVXY dropped below $9. My average price was $42 and sold at $70.

This is fun gain, to test my algorithm. See here the date & time alert

[removed image]

Warning: Never try on your own, It is cash burner, entire amount will be lost.

1 Like

Chamath doing the due diligence on FTX.

All Bit and Shitcoins will meet FTX in heaven in a short while. We can point to many such videos then, how this or that so called expert invested or almost invested.

1 Like

My final trigger of confirmation for market going down !
He is very reliable in this case !

3 Likes

Most of the retailers wants to know why market dropped today.

Now, news attached a nice story for the market drop.

This will make naive retailers to see daily news to know market.

But they do not realize everything after the facts.

It is worth reading some fundamentals like this

Another day of open low close high :+1: