黃台之瓜,何堪再摘

You can call anything by any name you want. What matters is the substance. Joint Declaration and Basic Law promised HKers high degree of autonomy, civil liberty and ways of life preserved, and chief executive to be chosen by universal suffrage. Instead, autonomy is a joke, civil liberty getting chipped away everyday and universal suffrage is nowhere to be seen.

HKers were promised a Mercedes sedan but instead got a Honda motorbike.

You are certain that protestors have not been fairly restrained and police not using excessive force?

Neither are you sure :grinning:

I am actually quite sure. There is a large amount of information available.

Then you are sure but I am not certain the episode presented the reality. Take for example, @harriet’s favorite photo of an innocent female bystander hits by a projectile. The presentation implies police has been indiscriminately firing rubber bullets. It was a mess there, many possible explanation e.g. ricochet of bullet.

There is a difference in understanding. IMHO, in order to phase in HK into the communist system, it is necessary to introduce some communism’s system into HK from time to time, so it won’t be a cold turkey switch at the end of 50 years. Apparently, you think is SAR for 50 years and then flip the switch.

Of course yes. Let’s say you buy a house on leasehold land in SG. Do you expect the government to take it back a little bit every year before the lease expires? You promised X for 50 years then yes, give me 100% of X for 50 years. Not 2% less every year.

Someone once asked Deng what happened after 50 years expired? He said sure, another 50 years is no problem. In his mind, China will be sufficiently advanced in 50 years and on parity with HK that HKers won’t mind being in the same system with China. If 50 years is not long enough for China to catch up, sure it will be able to do that in another 50. Turns out Xi has some other ideas.

Deng said that? His thinking is visonary :grinning: If that is the thinking, no need to introduce communist elements from time to time.

實際上,五十年只是一個形象的講法,五十年後也不會變。前五十年是不能變,五十年之後是不需要變。所以,這不是信口開河。

https://medium.com/recall-hk/f-140cebc4f9dc

Of course CCP is not someone who keeps his promises, as the world found out to their dismay.

2 Likes

No. There were witnesses next to the first aid volunteer who got shot that the police aimed at their group specifically even though they wore highly visible vests identifying them as journalists and volunteers. There’s media coverage on this all over. If you choose to believe in mainland fake news then I can’t help you.

2 Likes

This report is far more neutral.

Slightly older video giving a pretty comprehensive roundup of China’s economic performance in 1H. I knew everything of what he said from other sources but it’s helpful to have them all in one place. The anecdotes at the end are very good. That’s why you need to know the language to get the whole picture.

Chinese economy is in grave danger. It just lowered the bank reserve requirement yet again. Inflation is far worse than the official fake number. Meat and vegetable prices are both growing at double digit. And yet it’s still printing money at high speed.

1 Like

They don’t have to print now. Just add a 0 on the reserve on alipay and wechatpay, printing is too SLOW

It’s no use. Supporters lack sense of justice, run on emotions and racial biases, not facts.

超人又講嘢!

1 Like

China setting the groundwork for the 2nd cultural revolution.

由教育部审定,初中新版历史教科书中,毛主席不再背负“错误”!

https://m.k.sohu.com/d/390748801?channelId=247&page=3

He asks CCP to pardon those violent rioters who didn’t realize they are the 摘瓜人.

Superman is full of wisdom.

1 Like

I will never bet against the Superman.