黃台之瓜,何堪再摘

Nonsense. They had ample freedom and there were no riot police during your so-called “white era”. The government should self-reflect when your people would rather be second class citizens than first class slaves.

Also, if Shenzhen and Shanghai can replace HK, go right ahead. Their capital markets are jokes. Again, no rule of law. They have been hyped for a long time but to this day HK is still the primary capital market. Can’t seem to get this to your head because you are blinded by your racist thoughts.

I am trying to debug your thinking process by asking you to list your logical steps.

That’s unfortunately the blind spot of majority of ethnic Chinese people. I guess there is some inferiority complex involved?

That is what I am doing. Realized most HKers are sick. They don’t know they need help! They think they are one-eyed guys in a population of blind. Well, you’re less sick than most HKers like @harriet who insult people habitually… check her posts in this thread. I have yet to come across HKers who don’t insult others, their behaviors and their quality of work.

Self-actualizing?

Are you in this camp too? Happy to be second class citizens?

You know what that famous commentator said, racist people do have inferiority complex because they have nothing to be proud of, so they resort to race. How sad.

I just checked my posts. Actually they sound a lot better than someone who calls others fake whites.

I guess you read that article by Wang (from @harriet’s comment, my guess is she didn’t read the article, notice I don’t really want to debate with her because she loves to shout and I don’t want to engage in shouting matches, like you just want to seek to understand). Investors are pulling money from HK because of the riots. Normally, once the riot stops, money would return gradually as confidence that HK has what it takes to be a FC. But if riot continues for a long enough time, there can come a point of no-return i.e. HK as a FC is no longer viable.

I keep trying to explain to you but you don’t even digest my comments and label it as shouting. Investors leave not because of the riots, but because of CCP’s continued interference with the government. If HK adopts China’s system, there’s no reason to stay in HK any more because the market is not free flowing. Explained many times and you still don’t get it, and instead resort to name calling and racist sentiments. You already have negative view on Hong Kongers to begin with and now you are just taking out your anger on me and not thinking logically.

1 Like

For that I apologize.

I think China knew this. I think they are just experimenting.

From what I read, investors left only after the protests get worse.

Btw, my sister is in HK working in the financial industry, so if HK down she would be jobless and she loves HK.

The “riots” will stop immediately if CCP agrees with protestors’ demands. A lot fewer people will come out even if they agree with 2 of the remaining 4.

HK ceasing to be an international FC doesn’t automatically mean any other mainland city will replace HK and becomes an international FC. It could mean SG and Tokyo will pick up more of HK’s financial business. If you list out the requirements to be an IFC you will see how hard it is for the control-minded CCP. And they did try. But they all failed.

HK as an IFC is HK’s strongest card. Why are protesters not exploiting it but weaken it? Protests are 下策.

So HK should cherish its position as an IFC.

What initially prompted the protest was the extradition bill. Mainland wanted to use it as a tool to seek revenge for what happened to Huawei’s Wanzhou Meng in Canada. This bill is detrimental to HK’s status as IFC (your sister would agree) because anybody can be sent to China for any reason (or no reason at all, as shown by Simon Cheng, an employee of the British consulate having allegedly sought prostitution, i.e. framed with ridiculous reason for detainment). However, despite this bill being “officially” withdrawn recently, during the process police brutality has gone out of hand and the fiasco is damaging HK’s rule of law. Ultimately this will affect its IFC status and the well being of HK as a whole, therefore police brutality must be stopped and the primary demands must be heard.

1 Like

They are exploiting it. Why do you think nobody cares about the far more serious situations in Xinjiang? While HK news were on front pages of NYT and WSJ week after week.

I guess you disagree with the direction protestors want to take HK. Politics is ultimately about how to divide up and deploy resources. People want a say. An example may help you understand. PAP lost a few seats a couple years back because SG people were unhappy about immigration and the young Lee responded by drastically cutting immigration. In HK people have been complaining for decades now about immigration flow from China who in their mind takes up public resources like health care and housing. HK and CCP did nothing.

1 Like

Even if you don’t agree with HK protesters’ goal, you have to admire their creativity. This movement is leaderless. People discuss and vote on what to do on an online forum, and organize via an encrypted chat app Telegram. They now even crowd-sourced a protest anthem:

Chinese scholar: Actkually Jesus Christ was Chinese. :rofl: :thinking:

The Bible printing business deifies you :innocent:

My old Chinese teacher used to teach us: 耶穌係潮州人。唔知佢有冇打冷嘅習慣? :rofl:

Your teacher mistook superman as Jesus.

不知道他是否支持中國警察。。。 :thinking:

思覺失調

大義滅親。

https://www.singtaousa.com/home/424-即時/2497750-中央政法委批評+李嘉誠:已經習慣多年莫須有的指責/

已經習慣多年的那些莫須有的指責,永遠會虛心接受批評,但最重要的是「寬容不等於縱容,不等於無視法律程序」。再重申對任何暴力,包括語言暴力,對任何衝擊法治的行為都不能接受。

Go Superman! :joy_cat: :joy_cat: