Trading wars impact

Initially it’s denial then… justification… what’s next? obfuscation

2 Likes

OK. Getting caught stealing is not cool. :smile:

1 Like

They don’t steal data when people willingly accept the TOS and agree to it.

1 Like

Until I see a convincing report of the scale of Chinese stealing I am not convinced of the scale claimed. Like I said no doubt there is some stealing going on, and American also stealing from others, but how much is the IP worth?

If so much IP were stolen I expect the Chinese to be much more advanced than they are now.

I never denied… I always blatantly justified it… I won’t obfuscate either :rofl:

It’s also not theft when companies willingly accept the terms to transfer their technology.

1 Like
1 Like

Btw the above only references hacking attacks. It doesn’t cover things where humint (human intelligence) is involved. I.e. when your room gets tossed when you are traveling. When a usb gadget gets plugged in accidentally to your laptop during a meeting, etc

Also, getting data by itself is not much use as I mentioned before. You need to get people that can teach you how to use the data

1 Like

I have to agree … you’re straight forward on this forum. :+1:

1 Like

I have moved away to duckduckandgo, gotten a protonmail account, stick to Apple maps & login to FB once a week(not post) … in incognito mode…

1 Like

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-22/what-s-intellectual-property-and-does-china-steal-it-quicktake

https://law.stanford.edu/2018/04/10/intellectual-property-china-china-stealing-american-ip/

That or you can just pretend it isn’t happening.

1 Like

How is tariff related to IP? There was a trade war and no IP war.

Trade war was intended to protect Trump’s people. IP war is to protect Obama’s people. Did IP people hijack Trump to serve them now? :joy:

The original tariff targets were areas where China violated IP laws.

This is the saddest part of the whole discussion here. I wasn’t expecting this.

There are two streams of thoughts here:
Stream 1: Denial, Justification and then Whataboutery to obfuscate
Stream 2: That its ok to do it against US.

But both are saying that it’s not wrong to do so. I just hope this ethical standard is not maintained in local business dealings here.

This is just an online discussion… we ALL don’t have any power & are in the same boat. I don’t take it too seriously…:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

So young and so capable… I’m salivating with envy… what have I done with my own life… :rofl:

Um… I was just being sarcastic. :rofl:

Thanks bitch :rofl:

Look at yourself in the mirror and that word applies to you too. :smile: