Trading wars impact

For those that believe Trump’s tariffs are good you can sell everything and put in soybean futures!

1 Like

Everything is negotiable, except No on Prop 10. Prop 10 is million times worse than tariffs. I would not sweat about it.

Midterm is coming, media is going to jump around it. Let’s see what’s going to happen.

People are getting indifferent to tariff news now. Will it drive the election? Majority of the people won’t see much effect on their life, it seem like.

The biggest effect on me is that so much trade war news has wasted my time and I’m doing less than before

Does not seem to bother the stock market. But rising interest rates might kill the party and cause a recession. Trump isn’t happy with his new Fed chairman

Tariffs won’t affect you that much but the trade war will affect many people. When they start paying more for steel and aluminum products, they will be affected. When farmers see disappearing markets for their soybeans and pork they will be affected. When big companies see their distillery products taxed they will be affected.

1 Like

yes, we gonna lose the trade war

china’s biggest importer go bankrupt , dude can’t even last half a month

china buy more from brazil at higher cost. brazil buys more from US and resell them to china
US soybean export up 2nd quarter, 21% less to china, but 4 times more to egypt and 2 times more to viet/taiwan

this is a win win win win situation for every country.

1. US media can continue to slam export to china down
  2. US export continue less to china, more to other country
  3. Brazil , other country buy more from US, resell to china at higher cost
  4. china gets their soybean, saved their face. If money can be solved, then it’s not a problem

Oh and chairman xi is telling the country to stfu and remove the china dream slogan… ,telling people not to protest against US

next is iphone. I’m loving it. stop iphone export to china, instead export to Hong Kong and let hkers resell it back to china for a double(i made a lot during those times). Looks like i can call back my hookup and start planning again.

1 Like

Soybean futures chart:

If it’s just as easy as exporting to somewhere else why is it falling so hard? Where is the buying?

told ya so!!

That TV station is operated by the anti-China Falun Gong cult. I wouldn’t put much weight into their china coverage.

New Tang Dynasty Television (NTD, Chinese: 新唐人電視臺) is a television broadcaster based in New York City with correspondents in over 70 cities worldwide. The station was founded in 2001 by Falun Gong practitioners as a Chinese-language broadcaster[1], but has since expanded its language offerings.

1 Like

Stay away from the Falun Gong people and their propaganda.

1 Like

You don’t believe china, here you go, hong kong then

https://china.hket.com/article/2121215/《債務風險》五百強民企山東晨曦集團無力償債,上周五申請破產

https://www.hk01.com/財經快訊/213997/中國最大大豆進口商-山東晨曦集團破產重整

Sure. China putting tariffs on soybean imports so naturally the biggest importing company gets into trouble.

Similarly US putting tariffs on imports will hurt the American importing companies.

1 Like

Tariffs are just very bad. The whole world should be free of tariffs. Also, they shouldn’t be used as punishment for wrongdoing. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

1 Like

whats the first wrong?

We? China or USA? Ain’t you a naturalized American? You can’t be a China’s Chinese right?
I’m a Singaporean. So whether the two elephants make love or fights, Singapore being a small nation like grass would be affected.

Isnt the US soyabean farmers the one who are suppose to get into trouble?

That’s the expected price for 4 months from now not today’s price. Futures have a time value component just like options. If you want to compare, you need to look at the price for a 30-day futures over time.

:+1:

1 Like

Farmers are selling at the price of the futures contract for November delivery. Farmers lock down the price so they can plan.

Just saw a news clip about some rumor Trump will release a help package for American farmers. Are people still arguing whether trade war hurt farmers or not? Even after people doing the actual farming telling you so? As if it’s as easy as we exporting to somewhere else and that place somehow export to China to play this merry go around game? Ok genius. Seems nobody has figured that out. You may need to go around Midwest to tell people. Obviously they are too dumb to figure that out.

Where to get the fund for the construction and operation of the sea ports and airports?

Should not be from tariff revenue for sure.