Trading wars impact

I am completely confused. If China put tariff on soya bean, the Chinese soya bean importer collapse. Wouldn’t that mean China has been foolish to have tariff all this while? Shouldn’t China lift all tariff?

Yes, it should.

Must be fake news. People here told me tariffs didn’t hurt American farmers at all.

Trump administration plans to help farmers hurt by global trade tensions

1 Like

It’s hurting $50B of a $19T economy or 0.2%. It’s probably bad for farmers this year, since they have to plant crops months in advance of harvest. I’m sure they’ll adjust what they plant next year and be fine.

Every soybean farmer rotating to say wheat will depress wheat prices.

It’s hurting America by further deteriorating its relation with China. You want to maintain good terms with a rising power, not sabotaging its rise. History has shown that sabotaging does not work and usually backfires.

They won’t all rotate.

We expect 1.3B bushels of soybeans to China out of a total 4.4B bushels. That’s 29% of the crop that should rotate to something else. It’s amazing the lengths journalist go to to make stuff seem sensational. I had to find those 2 numbers in different sources.

wuqijun , can you keep a good relation with me ? i’ll sell you my house for 3 mil that’s worth (1.1 mil) :grinning:

Well, I hope you can keep distance away from those Falun Gong people first and foremost.

i don’t understand what has to do with falun gong dude. I don’t practice nothing. maybe i’ll go play pingpong
is that falun gong?

It’s the last marginal buyer that sets the price. The 29% that needs to find another buyer depresses prices for 100% of the crop.

In a free market the current crop allotment is already optimal. Farmers all want to make more money. They chose soybean last year because it gave them more income. Any rotation because of non market reason depresses income for everybody.

Yes, go play some ping pong and forget about this thread.

first,please buy my house for 3mil first. income inequality , sharing is caring wu

Aww… I’m sorry about your income situation but can’t help… :rofl:

29% would be the upper limit. In reality the impact would be lot lesser as we will be selling more to other countries. US agriculture is already heavily subsidized to keep the pricing better.

From the reporting this takes the cake:

America’s farmers don’t want to be paid to lose – they want to win by feeding the world.

1 Like

coincidence? timing? this zucker ass licker to xi for so many years trying to get into china market and unable to do so.

Sell your house, sell your wife, all in IN FB

Your wife is a cost center and not a golden goose like for tomato and Manch?

not mine, but sfdragonboy.

Facebook made tons of money off China. Chinese companies that sell outsid of China advertise on Facebook.

1 Like

What a terrible term to describe your spouse. The wives of this forum bring good fortune to their husbands, hence you are where you are.

2 Likes