Trading wars impact

Wife might not be, but children definitely are.

Most of the time they are, but I am not a cost center to my parents in the grand scheme of things, even though I was initially growing up.

Same here. My parents have actually become a ā€œcost centerā€ to me for more than 10 years and running. Itā€™s a role reversalā€¦

They are not a cost center. Itā€™s called payback + interest.

1 Like

Okā€¦ :slight_smile:

manch liked your post hence of the same attitude. So unfilial piety.

夫妻ę˜Æē¼˜,孩子ę˜Æå€ŗ
Husband and wife are fate, children are the debt

1 Like

Turns out tariffs hurt American companies. Who would have thought? :thinking:

Whirlpool stock plunges as tariffs hit suppliers, steel costs

Too bad for them, do they still exist? when i buy washer/dryer/frig i donā€™t remember much choice from them
reading their Q2

https://investors.whirlpoolcorp.com/static-files/693393d4-c0ee-4fbb-909c-fc12c820e345

cost of goods sold(incluidng material) 4260 Q2 2018, but Q2 2017 4471, so cost went down???
their net sales went down from Q2 2017 5347 down to 5140

Cost of goods sold (COGS) is the cost of acquiring or manufacturing the products that a company sells during a period. Therefore, the only costs included in the measure are those that are directly tied to the production of the products, such as the cost of labor, materials, and manufacturing overhead.

perhaps this company need to start making modern appliance like samsung and LG , i wasnā€™t even looking into this brand

They said US steel is up 50%. Thatā€™s not all tariff. Thatā€™s strong demand from a strong economy.

Turns out the crazy guy does know a little bit about what heā€™s doing. Oh, and that whole China soybean thing. The EU agreed to import more Soybeans.

Will zero tariff become a reality?

Both sides just had a talk agreeing to have more talks. Itā€™s obviously better than having no talks but aside from holding off on additional tariffs there is nothing concrete here. All the old tariffs put on earlier this year including the one on steel are still in place.

alright , my extremely liberalism needs to come out
Everyone is a winner, always think positive, everyone is nice.
My positive thinking telling me there will be no loser. Love and Peace.

It all comes down to protectionism. The EU is riddled with it. Ever see any Japanese cars in Europe?
The ā€œAmericanā€ cars are all made by Europeans. Not even the same parts or models as in the US.

Try buying CA wine in Europe. Triple the prices as here same in Canada. Those people all treat us like chumps. We donā€™t charge tarrifs on French wine or cheese but they do on our stuff.

US steel stock is down since March. I thought they were supposed to benefit?

1 Like

Buy the rumor, sell the news?

U.S. Plans Higher Tariffs on $200 Billion in Chinese Imports

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2018-07-31/u-s-said-to-plan-higher-tariff-on-200-billion-of-china-imports

Futures are down as a result as of 30m ago.

Trump has to go. :fu:

1 Like