Trading wars impact

Bam. Another day with tariff news.

This generates a lot of headlines, but $16B is a tiny, tiny fraction of a percent of each country’s GDP. Hopefully, we can get an actual trade agreement soon though.

Trump is right!

1 Like

He is right but tarrifs are just going to make everything cost more. The third world cannot afford American
goods. Tarrifs or not. We can only compete with farm goods. We can never compete with $5/day labor costs.
The current system lifted China and the third world out of poverty. We helped Europe after WW2. Every one benefits except a couple million factory workers in the Midwest. Give them help. Cheaper and more benificial that destroying the whole world wide trade network

2 Likes

America benefited immensely from trade. Without trade, some Americans will be forced to work in sweat shops like Chinese factory workers, in order to sustain our current lifestyle. We live a life of luxury and comfort because we trade.

2 Likes

I said that months ago. Also, other countries aren’t going to remove tariffs just because we ask. Since they export more to us than we do to them, they have more to lose by tariffs. I think we’ll end up in a world with less tariffs. It’s just taking some work to get there. It’s the right thing long-term even if there is some short-term pain.

it’s about fairness, it’s about qiaodan suing jordan haha
I’ll start a brand in china called gali and i’ll start suing steph curry for infringement.

Shameful. I think I want to be black. I don’t want to be Chinese anymore… :rofl:

it’s a limited edition , curry sign the fake shoe, then dude try to sell the auto fake shoe
ppl will just think the auto is fake since the shoe itself is fake.

I have a huge trade deficit with trader joe. It’s so unfair. For every dollar I spend at TJ, TJ should buy the same amount from me.

1 Like

Are you willing to sell them groceries? Are they willing to buy?

They are not willing to buy any of the crap I offer. That’s what makes it so unfair.

Lol…Its all coming down to poor comparisons and jokes…

What happened to the Chinese punch? That should have taught Trump a lesson…
Or the decreasing Soyabean Sales?
Or falling stock market?
Or Farmers protest?
Or falling employment?

Dang!

time to play the victim and hold the moral card!

Coming next: Trade has made America. Trade is beneficial to everyone.
After that: Trade wars harm humanity. China is trying to lift billions and doing world a favor
After that: Kim, fire the missile

1 Like

It’s only a poor comparison because you haven’t thought about it deep enough. I guess trump fans, like trump, just like to “win”, whatever that means.

If trade wars are bad, shouldnt china be the first to remove the tariffs? Ease us business existence in china?

shhhh…China is the victim. US is the bully!!

before this: Oh you will see what happens if you put tariffs on Chinese imports.

before that: China is super power already. You need to live with IP theft and bullying of your allies in Asia. US need to accept its fate.

1 Like

Victim card - done
Moral card- Done

Time to move to next step.

By the way as per you China is not even hurt as everything happening to China is kinda readjustment that was planned by central committee in 1960 (Chinese are super planners). China is not hurt, US is not hurt. So whats the problem…

The world is hurting? And China cares about it. And China is concerned?..I am sure someone will give this argument here someday too…

1 Like

I did not say China is not hurt. China and US are both hurt. I just said you can’t say all of Shanghai market’s falls are because of trade war.

To flip it around if you like trade war so much we should just keep it on?

Who pay the tariffs anyway? You think the Chinese pay it? No. They are collected from US importers. It’s the Americans who are paying it. They in turn will charge American customers more.

Such a difficult concept for some to understand.

Technically right but was not targeted at USA. These countries want to develop those industries for their long term survival and prosperity. USA doesn’t care then because quality of their products are superior and USA is so rich as compared to those countries. Now that those countries have caught up, is time to adjust the tariff to be fair.