Trading wars impact

“Despite saying otherwise men are just obsessed with politics.

Wish we had more women on forum.”

I already explained women have better things to do.

China will have to grow some poisonous soybean to meet the demand.
No one knows how it going to turn out, let’s see when the real negotiation can start

1 Like

Chinese should change diet. Replace soya sauce with salt and sugar. Drink water instead of soya bean beverage

are you saying that they should change their diet to eat more chihuahua?

You like to eat chihuahua?

1 Like

nah. never tried it and no plan to try it.
i love dogs.

What’s the issue? They can still buy soy beans and Chinese government will collect a lot of import duties, which is paid by the Chinese consumers. It would be the same for US. China would just introduce a tiny bit of inflation, that’s all

Im curious where us pharma lies in the trade story. Us citizens pays high $$, subsidizes rest of the world. Fair?

2 Likes

Don’t buy into pharma’s BS. We are lining their pockets, not “subsidizing the world”. You seriously think pharmas will collapse if we don’t pay those 80k a pop wonder drug?

I just know that it wont be as cheap as in the rest of the world. Capitalist greed of aximizing profit is what is keeping the advancement. I dont see much progress in europe. Why?

Roche? Sanofi? Novartis? GSK?

1 Like

I came across an interesting article on the trade war and wildfire victims. It says the trade wars impact on wildfire victims will be about 20k for rebuilding. About 10k will be the increased costs for Canadian lumber and another 10k for the cost of labor, drywall, and nails used in building a replacement home. perhaps Elt-1 can let us know if these figures are accurate.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t insurance pay it?

Insurance will pay the value of the structure, which is not necessarily the cost of rebuilding.

3 Likes

The futures chart actually shows prices leveling of.
Prices have more than doubled from the low though, before the tarrifs
Insurance coverages vary…But it is politics to blame Trump.
Blame the environmental movement for closing off most American forests to logging.

As far as cost per house…That is too difficult to guess… Besides steel studs might be cheaper…

If local government was concerned they could just drop their fees $20k…But new house cost at least $500k for a 2000sf house…So there are ways to save $20k in other areas…Like go with carpet instead of hardwood floors.
In the analysis below 2×4s were $2.84 In 2013. Now they are $4.50 for df construction grade…Not sure what steel is now…But if there is significant change you will see houses framed in steel…

http://futures.tradingcharts.com/chart/LS/M?anticache=1534174254

1 Like

What a dumb f**k.

1 Like

very nice writing

former Trump NSC official

added a person close to Trump

Trump’s NSC staffers

according to two sources with knowledge of the meeting

A White House official

the official said

Staffers explained