Trading wars impact

Does the increase in tariff sufficient to pay for the subsidy?

3 Likes

So soybean farmers gets subsidy from US government, then sell their soybean at a discounted price to a Chinese company. The Chinese company pays a tariff to Chinese govnernment, then get a subsidy from Chinese government. Seems that the only loser is the US government.

Is the soybean export volume down or flat?

No, it’s china company buys US soybean, pays tariff to china gov. But the china company is owned by china gov, china gov left hand pays china gov’s right hand
no tariff, save face.

1 Like

It’s a state owned company, not the government itself. That company will have bad performance and their bonus will be cut. I think the company may demand some subsidy. We need to know the consumer price for soybean in China. If the consumer price in China increases by the tariff amount, then no subsidy is needed

國企「中國儲備糧管理總公司」設立的子公司「中儲糧油脂公司
if 國企 then it’s owned by china gov

https://baike.baidu.com/item/中国储备粮管理总公司

Clearly 國企

These are the things US are fighting china for

last 15 years how many stuff was stolen from china?
just name a few
jordan -> qiaodan
icq -> qq
whatsapp -> wehat
apple/android pay -> alipay/wechatpay
uber -> didi
new balance -> new barlun

3 Likes

Do we call UBNT stealing from Apple, and CISCO?
Android/Google stealing from iPhone?
FB stealing from MySpace, Friendster and Second Life?

2 Likes

Actually UBNT has a number of products with GPL violations ( took open source and commercialized without pushing their changes back in ) like their router product that ripped off Vyatta

2 Likes

Chromium is open source bro. Not sure if the company abides by the license terms but there’s no steal of any IP let’s be clear.

The company may have overstated its home grown claims and as such committed fraud stealing Chinese state money. I don’t think trump cares about that though.

AAPL management didn’t see value in WiFi routers with miles of range. They only make them for home use. It’s sort of like HP didn’t see the value in the personal computer.

I’m checking whether dioworld’s definition of steal is valid. Need him to define the term “steal” clearly and why those companies are doing is considered as “steal”. Some1 sell coffee successfully, I start a company to sell coffee, is considered steal?

60GHz (11ad) stuff needs LOS. Really only useful for backhaul or wispr service in rural neighborhoods. Hard to deploy in urban areas or in the home as it cannot punch through walls. That’s why 11ac, 11ax are staying at 5 ghz

1 Like

BA_Lurker and Jil work for the same company?

No idea where Jil works

Used car prices are weirdly spiking, and tariffs may be to blame

This is wonderful news to environmentalists. The earth will be much happier.

We should also increase car sales tax to 50% to reduce property tax. This way, more people will stop driving to reduce homelessness :joy:

If everyone stops buying cars and use the savings to buy homes, we can afford building many new homes. I prefer people to live in a house or condo than driving fancy cars.

Some people drive cars which costs more than a house in Florida or Midwest. I always think of the homeless people when I see the expensive cars. If the owner of the expensive cars buy rental properties in low cost areas and entice the lower income people in BA to move to those low cost rentals, social justice can be more effectively achieved. Economically a better geo distribution of population is also achieved.

Terrible conclusion: “If everyone stops buying cars and use the savings to buy homes, we can afford building many new homes”

Again what kind of cause and effect is this: "If the owner of the expensive cars buy rental properties in low cost areas and entice the lower income people in BA to move to those low cost rentals, social justice can be more effectively achieved.’. you can already move them to low cost area, no need for anything extra.

For many, cars are job mobility. Dont make it worse.

Just continue screwing the middle class and give landlord tax breaks. :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Come on, nobody takes :robot: seriously :slight_smile: