Trump tweets

Crying racism isn’t a logical argument. It’s about as effective in proving a point as screaming and calling someone names. All you’re doing is proving you don’t have anything.

2 Likes

To be clear, he said “Go back, fix those countries, and then come back here and show us how it’s done.”

This is clearly a comment on their politics and on the politics of the countries of their heritage. If he’d made the same comment about a politician of Greek ancestry going to Greece and fixing their financial problems first before doing wacky stuff to fix them here, would you call it racist as well?

Reminds me of the story of the boy that cried wolf. And since there are enough other offensive tweets, why bother?

1 Like

So Trump should go back to Germany? This is the same shtick he uses when he says MAGA. So he should leave, fix Germany and come back? I’m down with that

3 Likes

At least apply consistent logic. If he was here saying the US should be like Germany because Germany is better, then yes.

Also, MAGA is economic. For the first time in America’s history, people don’t think their kids will have it better than them. Great is having a country where each generation has a better standard of living than the prior one. If you get racism from that, I’m not sure how to address your reading comprehension issues.

1 Like

I am using consistent logic. Trump campaigned on America being broken. So by his logic, he should have left the US because unless you were a native immigrant you or someone in your family was an immigrant at some point and doesn’t belong here

1 Like

I’m not surprised you think that but fail to see the difference. He wasn’t comparing America to another country. He was comparing America to prior versions of itself.

Oh I see it very clearly. His definition of america may not be something a Native American would agree with. So if you really want to rewind the clock, maybe we should all leave America. America was built by immigration regardless of race, creed, religion. Let’s not take a selective view on what is good or not good. You need to either roll us back all the way to pre Mayflower or admit we need to keep moving forward. Anything else is about a select community trying to ensure they maintain their institutional advantages to keep other people suppressed

2 Likes

When you see racism of course we should point it out as racism. What else should we do? Just turn a blind eye and pretend it’s a-ok?

As @sheiff pointed out, 3 out of the 4 women were actually born in America. According to Trump’s logic, where should they go back to?

1 Like

I guess some people just can’t mentally process the facts and knee jerk to emotional reactions. I didn’t realize wanting each generation to have a higher standard of living was about racism.

It’d really blow your mind to know Trump increased funding for historically black colleges. That’s some seriously racist stuff.

It’s getting funny how easily people are triggered by things that aren’t even said but how their own brain interprets them.

Go to the countries they say are better than America. Why stay here if other places are better?

Go BACK to. Like they don’t belong here in the first place.

3 Likes

I am amazed on the cult like worship and the need to justify everything trump does via pretzel like logic by his followers.

2 Likes

So what’s wrong with wanting to improve our country? I am sure nobody here thinks it’s perfect. Isn’t it the whole point of being in Congress?

2 Likes

If you want to get better, you model people who are successful. Are you going to model a homeless person for financial success?

The US had prior periods with less income inequality, rising real median income, faster GDP growth, etc. It’s not rocket science to see the differences between then and now in terms of government size, volumes of regulations, flatness of tax base, etc. Some how all of those things are racist.

1 Like

I guess you think it is racist to want each generation to have a higher standard of living?

You are being pretty obtuse aren’t you? Or are you being a troll? The point is that trump told citizens of this county to go back to their country. And the only thing in common is the skin of their color. It’s the classic definition of racism and no amount of deflection and attempts to stretch your logic will say otherwise

3 Likes

By that definition trump is a racist then. Since the people he criticized were trying to improve the lives of their constituents. Can you be consistent with your logic instead of endless twisting to support trump

2 Likes

So it’s back to you don’t have a point other than to play the racism card.

I believe you don’t have a point so you are saying white is black and black is white. Anyway at this point engaging in a logical discussion with you is pointless when it comes to trump as it’s all emotion and false equivalencies in your arguments